Managing Your Classified Sales Here;

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This information will prove helpful to people as they scan our Classified Sales threads.

You as a seller would be doing a good thing when you have a confirmed payment and the item is sold to:

1. Go to your original post

2. Top right open the edit menu and mark thread title as Sold

3. Please leave the price and images intact.

4. The sold item posts will be cleared when they are over one year old.

Thank You very much for helping to make browsing the ad's easier and the forum a better place to shop classifieds.

Ard

Last edited:

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
THANK YOU ARD!

I posted up almost the exact same info and caught a rash of ship for doing same on another site. (Ard posts there on a regular basis.) Given the number of rods/reels/etc., bought and sold, I recommended the post be altered ('sold' indication) but the post not be removed.

The why of that is your looking at buying 'something,' or selling as the case may be. What's the history (price) of the 'something' in pre-buy/sells?

Information is 'King' and keeps folks from making silly exchanges. Ever read a "I bought it, but I was ripped off" type of post?

On very good boards, like this one, probably very rare, but it happens. My 'clue' to do I want to go there? Seller's previous posting history. Viable content or pure pap?:icon_roll

I'll leave it at that ...
fae

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Started a little house cleaning....please tell us if your items are sold;) helpful to members but also to moderators ....to make a little room ...thanks:)

ted4887

Reaction score
It's interesting that you posted this today, because I had been meaning to email a mod about this anyways.

I actually don't have a prefix link in my advanced editing area. Is that a board glitch, or something wrong on my end? I used to be able to change the prefix, just not anymore.

Here is a screen clip so you see that I'm not too crazy.

jaybo41

Reaction score
It's interesting that you posted this today, because I had been meaning to email a mod about this anyways.

I actually don't have a prefix link in my advanced editing area. Is that a board glitch, or something wrong on my end? I used to be able to change the prefix, just not anymore.

Here is a screen clip so you see that I'm not too crazy.

Same thing on my end. I have tried this before only to be unsuccessful every time. I can mark items as sold in the body of my post, but it never displays on the main classifieds page.

caseywise

Reaction score
yep, same here:confused:
i go into edit and mark the item as sold then go into advanced and mark the item sold in the title.

casey

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
OK,

I can see the problem, I'll inquire about why there is no prefix box displayed on the pages.

In the meantime we (moderators) will begin the grim task of snooping through the listings and changing those that need to be marked 'Sold'.

Thanks for the feedback,

Ard

MichaelCPA

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted a new ad and it has the prefix "Sold" and I would like to remove this. Any advice on how to do this? I do not see an 'edit prefix' dialogue as noted above.