WTT - Redington CT 5wt

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Looking for possible trades on my Redington CT 5wt. I bought it earlier this year, its been fished maybe 4-5 times at best. The action is just too slow for me. I like a faster rod. ( hmm :eek: ) Anyway....looking to possibly trade it for a 4wt or equal price range. I can provide pictures of it if needed. Thanks.

Reaction score
length might be an important factor to include:) ; some folks like 9' others and 8'6

I got an 8'6 5 wt CT, so i guess you're not looking to trade for that....and a 7'6 5wt CGR, but since you're looking faster rod, i guess glass aint the way to go either...

Good luck with the trade, i'm sure someone will take you up on the offer.

M

mridenour

I have a Cabela's Traditional II 9' 5WT that I have for a back-up rod. I'm sure it is faster than the CT. I'd be willing to trade it and throw in a little moolah.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
length might be an important factor to include:) ; some folks like 9' others and 8'6

I got an 8'6 5 wt CT, so i guess you're not looking to trade for that....and a 7'6 5wt CGR, but since you're looking faster rod, i guess glass aint the way to go either...

Good luck with the trade, i'm sure someone will take you up on the offer.
Thats an excellent point, I THINK its the 9'....i will have to check it again tonight. I dont really need another 5wt, Ive got a TCX in that flavor, I just have a hard time using that rod in non-fancy places haha.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Confirmed tonight, the rod is a 9', its also the 4 piece variety.

I also wouldn't be opposed to outright selling it with some Scientific Anglers GPX ( I think ) line to go with it, since I want a 4.

delopez

Reaction score
stl,

If this were a 480, I would totally jump on this. I need a driftless area rod.

itchmesir

Reaction score
Lopez. The 8'6" 3wt is a great rod for our driftless waters. I can toss double nymphs with an indy and I throw a leech pattern that gets a 5mm conehead and 20 wraps of .20 lead with no issues. Also lays out a dry nicely.

delopez

Reaction score
Itch, where are you at I I'm the driftless area? Iowa?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

delopez

Reaction score
Nice. I hit spring and turtle a lot.

delopez

Reaction score
I stay around Osage. Decorah isn't that far away.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Anyone like pictures?!?!? I still got this rod, if it doesnt go, i'll let my daughter learn to fish with it. ( shes not even 2 so it might be a while )

Remember, its toooo slow for me, comes with GPX line, shipping is on me, and maybe I'll throw in some flies if you're new to this deal!!! :D

delopez

Reaction score
I'm in need of a six weight. But this rod is awesome.

Last edited:

jimp

Reaction score
what's your price, never mentioned how much that I could find in the thread

BTW, I'm new to the deal, so I qualify for some flies if it goes well. :)

stl_geoff

Reaction score
You're correct, I didn't. My sale price outside of a trade was starting at $75.

BUT wait you'll say!! I can buy a new one from Cabela's right now for $74.97!

Correct!! However, you have to pay for shipping, taxes ( if there's one in your state ) and then you need to buy line, and a reel. You're looking at many additional dollars to spend, whereas for MY super happy deal of $75 it gets a free ride to your house, 5wt GPX line that still casts like new, no taxes, and the astounding new offer of some of my excellently ( hahahaha ) tied flies. Plus you get to read this sort of whimsical sales pitch.

M

mridenour

I'll trade you a Samick Malibu strat copy guitar with stand and a nice gear bag for it!