Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Default Re: The Cigar Box Hooks & Feathers Kits...

Hey Ruud,

I'd be more than happy to send you a box to the Netherlands. I'll PM you with the prices I found on the USPS site...

Thanks for your interest, my friend... And, welcome to the world of everything "fly"-- fly fishing, fly tying, et al

Jerry, aka hairwing530

2. Likes ruud liked this post

I'd like to order one if you still have one available. Email sent.

Hey tx_newb...

Your box is in the "building" process and will be ready for you when you're ready for it! Just let me know...

And, for those still on the fence about the "vintage cigar box hooks/feathers/knife"-- and mandatory "hairwing530 surprise" --please get with me soon. The supply of cigar boxes is getting low, and I may soon have to switch to another style of box.

As for the hooks/feathers/knives/surprises? I've still got enough stuff left to build a few more "boxed sets."

Back to the woodstove... The wind chill here in northern Michigan is at about -15 degrees, and all thoughts of fishing are centered on the warmth around the tying desk...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Quote Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
    Hey tx_newb...

Your box is in the "building" process and will be ready for you when you're ready for it! Just let me know...

And, for those still on the fence about the "vintage cigar box hooks/feathers/knife"-- and mandatory "hairwing530 surprise" --please get with me soon. The supply of cigar boxes is getting low, and I may soon have to switch to another style of box.

As for the hooks/feathers/knives/surprises? I've still got enough stuff left to build a few more "boxed sets."

Back to the woodstove... The wind chill here in northern Michigan is at about -15 degrees, and all thoughts of fishing are centered on the warmth around the tying desk...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
    Great, thanks Jerry! I can't wait to see it, and thanks for holding it for me. That will make a perfect home warming gift after we complete the move

One question, it may have been stated and I missed it, but are these the same cigar boxes you found in the hidden area at Trail's End?

Hey tx_newb,

Yes, my friend... The box with your name on it that's just about complete will, indeed, be one of the remaining two or three original Fuentes/Hemingway wooden boxes from "Trail's End." I found another four Fuentes boxes late this afternoon, but they're totally different-- a bit bigger, deeper and non-Hemingways . I'm going to build four truly special offerings in these in the weeks ahead.

And, for anyone still in need of the "hooks/feathers/knife" combos, I'll be adding a new vest-worthy, 12-compartment fly box set-up tomorrow or Sunday. More hooks(600+,) feathers and a knife, free shipping and maybe "hand-tied" flies from the confines of northern Michigan. Stay tuned...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
    Last edited by hairwing530; 01-20-2014 at 12:42 PM.

For anyone needing a few more hooks than my cigar-box specials-- and a snappy fly box, to boot --please see the post on the "Non Cigar Box" Hooks and Stuff Collections. More hooks, a few flies and a surprise or two...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
    Last edited by hairwing530; 01-20-2014 at 12:41 PM.

After I finish up Ted's box in the next day or so, I'll have one wooden cigar box left for conversion to a hook-holding machine. I'll even up the ante by packing it with the 600+ hooks, the feather clumps, a "refurbed" knife, free shipping and a "hairwing530" surprise or two for the same money-- $40! Anybody need a great deal on some Daiichi, Tiemco and Mustad hooks? Let me know...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Upper Texas Gulf Coast - Jackson Kayak Fishing Team

Quote Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
    After I finish up Ted's box in the next day or so, I'll have one wooden cigar box left for conversion to a hook-holding machine. I'll even up the ante by packing it with the 600+ hooks, the feather clumps, a "refurbed" knife, free shipping and a "hairwing530" surprise or two for the same money-- $40! Anybody need a great deal on some Daiichi, Tiemco and Mustad hooks? Let me know...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

I'd like to have one. Sending PM now.

As it currently stands, the wooden cigar box collections-- boxes courtesy of "Trail's End" --are history. aggie182 grabbed the last one. Thanks, Aaron...

I still have a few of the "fly box(es) 600+ hooks and goodies" packages left, but only four or five. So, if you need a boatload of hooks for a very fair price-- plus some "surprises" --grab one before they're gone.

Thanks, everybody...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345