Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Costa del Mar Howler 580G tortoise/green mirror

Default Costa del Mar Howler 580G tortoise/green mirror

So I'm a self-proclaimed gear junkie, and have too many pairs of shades. I find myself not wearing these nearly as often as my others, and they're way too nice to just sit around. Plus, I need cash for trips and other stuff that I actually need

Not a scratch on the lenses, and these have come out of storage for some very special trips and have some great mojo working. Case included, PM me if interested, retail for $250 and given that they're in near mint condition I'm asking $190.

Just had a pair of poly Smiths sent back from the factory, (replaced, actually... So they're NIB) they may be next as I usually wear the shades my wife got me now. They're the Pavilion in Havana/polarized brown

Thanks to all
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" - Lee Wulff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Costa del Mar Howler 580G tortoise/green mirror

Bad timing for me, I bought those exact sunglasses a couple months back and love them on full sun days, they are a little too dark for fishing on overcast days, other than that they are awesome fly fishing sunglasses at a steal of a price!

Larry
    Larry

Yeah, I've figured out that I like to have three pair given my sensitive eyes. I could do two if this were one pair, with the other being my low-light amber Smiths... But my wife gave me a pair of Revo Guides with the "water lens" which is a gray/blue mirror, and for my copper-lenses shades my Smiths just look better on me than these.

I think I just like the style of Smiths better. Based on friends' opinions, as well as the "smith vs. Costa" thread on here, I think I'm in the minority...

FWIW, the Revos are awesome and their integrated leash system is awesome. Caveat Emptor on those: they scratch easier than other poly/plastic lenses I've had, and I'm SUPER careful with my optics, scratches are a huge pet peeve of mine
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" - Lee Wulff

Probably going to auction on Monday if no one has replied...

Last chance... somebody make me an offer, make a fisherman/woman in your life really happy. Gonna post em on the auction site tomorrow afternoon if no one bites