Extras - Galvan, SAGE, Hardy, Orvis & Granger

mysticm

Reaction score
Selling of some extras to fortify the budget for an upcoming trip.
All items for sale within the continental US only. Paypal preferred.

REELS:

1) HARDY 'Made in England version' LRH Lightweight Click & Pawl Reel. Dual screw line guard, in fine working condition. Has its share of cosmetic wear from proper use. Selling the bamboo rod it went on (see below)
Asking -$160 shipped

2) SAGE 506 Click & Pawl. Made in England by Hardy for Sage. Tough to find these days, in excellent working condition, missing the screw cap (typical of these reels) and has a cosmetic blemish or two around the rim edge.
Asking -$205 shipped

3) GALVAN Torque 5. Asking - SOLD

5) Wright & McGill GRANGER. 8'0" Victory (8040) MODEL. 3/2. #5. 4-1/4 oz. Med/Fast. Varnished. These Grangers have a great action and are universally considered to be first rate fishing tools. This one is no exception. Second tip 1-1/2 " short as a result of the male ferrule reset. No effect on casting action or line size. I had the rod refinished by Doug Stone (D.R. Stone Bamboo Co.) & he re-wrapped a couple of the guides, replaced the worn out grip with a correct 'Granger' cork grip, re-set a couple of loose ferrules and finally re-varnished the rod. There is a slight color shade difference between the new thread wraps and the old ones. This is purely cosmetic and only apparent if you closely view them. It is difficult to match the faded look of the original threads when you have to re-wrap a few of the guides. Correctly stamped Granger reel seat. Granger 8040's typically go for between $600 - $1000 on the market. I am selling at a loss but there is no point it sitting in my closet w/o any use.
Asking $475…….Jan10 price: $425 shipped

Last edited:

wannafish

Reaction score
Very nice machined aluminum Hardy reels; you can get a nut cover for them if you look hard or one that will do from an auto accessory store. I am using a 508 on my 9.5' 6wt rod; it's got lots of room for backing but it needs a little lead weight added for the balance I like.