Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default wtb tfo mangrove 10 wt

I've got my eye on this rod and thought I'd see if someone wants to offload a used one before I spring for a new one.

Thanks

Jay
    Hand crafted wood fly boxes.

Default Re: wtb tfo mangrove 10 wt

jbird, can you do a review of that rod when you get it. Were you gonna get it for musky?

I've been thinking of a musky rod and I've been told Beulah 10/11 is a good choice. Stiff and with two tips, can't be beat. But at 7oz, I don't know. I mean the Mangrove 10wt is 4oz and the H2 9' 10wt is 3 7/8oz!!!! Go figure.

Been considering that h2 10wt, but am concerned that it'll be too "soft" resulting in soft hook sets or delayed hook sets.

Anyways, would love to hear what you think about the mangrove when you get it.
    "...all snobbery is defensive..and as important as fishing seems, the most important thing about it is, it's just fishing."

-- John Gierach

Art: http://www.gravenfish.com

My TU:
    http://massanuttentu.com

Jbird, I actually went out to cast the 10wt mangrove for the second time today. Great rod in my opinion

I own the 4,6, and 8wt mangroves currently but want the 10. I was trying to see if there was something else id be interested in but I keep coming back to the mangrove.

Very easy to load and makes casting easy and effortless. Not difficult to thrown the entire line if you had to. Very light rod

Although I havent put the 10'wt to the test with a fish, I know the 6 and 8 wt can take a beating and have great back bone.

Prices just went up on them as well. The 10 is going for 280

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I have fished this rod for musky as well as the Beulah blue water. They're both excellent, but the mangrove just feels better and casts gigantic flies with little effort. The rod was paired with the airflo sniper type III, which I've already bought. I did see bearsden has it for $249

What grain sniper were you throwing on the 10wt mangrove?
    Less likey, more green dots
    BrookFieldAngler.com

Quote Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
    What grain sniper were you throwing on the 10wt mangrove?
    Not sure of the grain weight. Its rated for 10wt so I would guess in the 400g range. I'll look at the one I bought when I get home.