Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Classified Guidelines, Read Before Posting

OK. I'll sit on the side of caution and not link to the ebay listing until it's a unanimous yes.

However, I'd like to offer a suggestion. Maybe allow only links to ebay listings that are BUY IT NOW, or a non-auction style ebay listing. That way it's a straight sale, no auctioning/bidding and the seller is saying what he/she wants for it.

Blog Entries

The verdict is in!

We will not be a host to the auction site. No eBay links.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

3. Likes mcnerney, hairwing530 liked this post

Ok. No worries and thanks for the quick verdict! Maybe you guys should run for Congress

Can someone tell me why i cant post att. to my post. At the bottom it says you may not post attachments.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irons View Post
    Can someone tell me why i cant post att. to my post. At the bottom it says you may not post attachments.
    Most sites like this limit attachments in an attempt to limit the exposure to viruses. What are you trying to attach?

Larry
    Larry

A picture of a rod on the classifieds

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irons View Post
    A picture of a rod on the classifieds
    Uploading photos from your computer is not allowed due to the risk of a virus. You can post photos here using two different ways. Probably the easiest is to upload a photo from your computer to a third party site like PhotoBucket and then link it to your post, or alternatively upload a photo into an album or photo gallery on this site, then link it to your post.

Here is the detailed instructions from the FAQ section:

1. First upload your photo into our Gallery, Photobucket or some other website that can store photgraphs.

2. Copy the link (URL) provided below the photo by selecting the text with your mouse and copying (Ctl-C) or use the brower's Edit menu - copy command.

3. Open your forum post and click the "Insert Image" icon which looks like a tiny yellow postcard.

4. In the box that appears paste (Ctl-V or Edit menu - paste) the URL to the image, taking care not to insert http:// twice. Click ok and the image will appear in your post.

Here are additional guidelines to using our Gallery.

* The fly fishing forums gallery allows you to store up to 10Mb of photographs.

* Once in the gallery you can use the link provided to also show the photos in your forum posts.

* The allowable image types are: jpg, jpeg, png or gif

* Uploaded photographs will be automatically reduced to 990 pixels wide if they are larger than this, otherwise they will remain the original size.

* Typically a photograph designed for web viewing is normally 50Kb in size or less. The fly forums gallery allows you to upload file sizes up to 100kb which means you may need to web-optimize your photographs before you upload.

To optimize use Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software, or an online service like: Online Image Optimizer: Optimize your GIFS, JPGS, and PNGS online. or Web Resizer - Making Photos Faster - Optimize pictures for websites and email for bigger photographs.

We find an image quality of ‘40’ as the best compromise between quality and loading speed.

* To delete a photograph then Click Photo Options and choose the Edit Photo. Delete is one of the options in there.

Larry
    Larry

9. Likes Ard, hairwing530 liked this post

looks like this thread killed the classified section.. hasn't been a posting in 3 days!

11. Default Re: Classified Guidelines, Read Before Posting

Other sites charge a nominal fee to advertise relevant merchandise to their members, I have some really nice rods for sale.....oh well. Archaic policy to have 50 posts required....

Blog Entries

Hi seacraft,

Archaic or not we are first and foremost a discussion forum not a sales platform. Active membership are always welcome to sell unwanted tackle here but we avoid sellers who wish only to find buyers then move on.

Sorry about that,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12