Classified Guidelines, Read Before Posting

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Please follow these guidelines when you post any items for sale.

1. No one can post to the Personal Classifieds until they have a minimum of fifty (50) posts.

2. No more than five (5) items can be posted at one time.

3. It is the responsibility of the thread originator to keep their list updated. All sold items must be deleted or marked as SOLD.

4. If an item is sold and removed from the thread you may add a new item to meet your five item limit. Multiple threads with five items will not be allowed with out approval of the Forum Manager.

5. The parties associated with a sale are solely responsible for that sale. NAFFF has no responsibility as to the condition or delivery of any items listed and sold on NAFFF.

6. This is a free service provide for the sole purpose of helping our members sell unwanted items.

7. No business or business related threads will be allowed.

8. After your thread items are sold or you decide to not sell the item, you can update the Prefix of the thread. This will place a Sold or Withdrawn Prefix to the Title of the thread. That is, you can change your title from Stuff for Sale to [Sold] Stuff for Sale. Or, Stuff for Sale to [Withdrawn] Stuff for Sale. Now when someone looks at the list of Threads they can tell what threads are still active. This will only work if all members will keep their individual threads up to date.

Procedure for changing the Prefix of your For Sale Thread.

1. Click on your thread to open it.

2. Click on "Edit" at the bottom right of the thread window. This will open the Thread Editor.

3. Click on "Go Advanced" at the bottom right of the Edit window.

4. Scan down to the Edit Post window and select "Sold" or "Withdrawn" in the "No Prefix" entry part of the Title.

5. Click "Save Changes" and your thread will now appear in the thread list with Sold or Withdrawn in the title.

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

wabi

Reaction score
Your directions DO NOT work for me??????
There is no prefix window when I try to edit the post!
It was there when I posted, but is not there when I try to edit.

jaybo41

Reaction score
I've had some trouble with this too. I have a current thread in the Classified forum that still has the initial header when you go right to the classified page. Upon opening the thread, it does have the updates I've made, but not in the main window of the Classified Forum.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?:confused:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Jay,

After you read the PM I sent, if your problem is solved please post here how you solved it. I am not sure what I said will help but it may be the answer.

Ard

Jackster

Reaction score
Just wondering if perhaps you shouldn't add that items for sale must be fly fishing related.

jaybo41

Reaction score
Ard,

Thanks for the PM. I read and then re-read your PM as well as the instructions as to how to modify and I am still having the same issue.

Wabi,

Did you ever get the problem resolved? Sounds as though we may be having similar problems?

erniep

Reaction score
Post deleted, member does not have 20 posts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Good question and one I haven't considered; how bout if you just post the 'key words' that will take any experienced eBay'er to the item until we sort this out. I know we are partnered with eBay but I don't want to start something.

Generally our classified items are a fixed price sale. I would stick the item here with a price you would like to have and then remove it from eBay if it sells here. This can be done, eBay does not make it easy but I've removed items due to their being no longer available.

I prefer knowing what a fellow wants if I'm really looking for an item. Any more as a seller on the auction I don't get fair prices on half my items. On top of that I lose 11% in commissions................

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it okay to post to the personal classifieds and provide a link to my ebay auction?
Shotgunfly: Please follow Ard's advice above. After talking this over with Frank, we don't want to get in the habit of posting links to EBay on the forum. I hope you understand.

Last edited:

shotgunfly

Reaction score
OK. I'll sit on the side of caution and not link to the ebay listing until it's a unanimous yes.

However, I'd like to offer a suggestion. Maybe allow only links to ebay listings that are BUY IT NOW, or a non-auction style ebay listing. That way it's a straight sale, no auctioning/bidding and the seller is saying what he/she wants for it.

irons

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why i cant post att. to my post. At the bottom it says you may not post attachments.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why i cant post att. to my post. At the bottom it says you may not post attachments.
Most sites like this limit attachments in an attempt to limit the exposure to viruses. What are you trying to attach?

Larry

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
A picture of a rod on the classifieds
Uploading photos from your computer is not allowed due to the risk of a virus. You can post photos here using two different ways. Probably the easiest is to upload a photo from your computer to a third party site like PhotoBucket and then link it to your post, or alternatively upload a photo into an album or photo gallery on this site, then link it to your post.

Here is the detailed instructions from the FAQ section:

1. First upload your photo into our Gallery, Photobucket or some other website that can store photgraphs.

2. Copy the link (URL) provided below the photo by selecting the text with your mouse and copying (Ctl-C) or use the brower's Edit menu - copy command.

3. Open your forum post and click the "Insert Image" icon which looks like a tiny yellow postcard.

4. In the box that appears paste (Ctl-V or Edit menu - paste) the URL to the image, taking care not to insert http:// twice. Click ok and the image will appear in your post.

Here are additional guidelines to using our Gallery.

* The fly fishing forums gallery allows you to store up to 10Mb of photographs.

* Once in the gallery you can use the link provided to also show the photos in your forum posts.

* The allowable image types are: jpg, jpeg, png or gif

* Uploaded photographs will be automatically reduced to 990 pixels wide if they are larger than this, otherwise they will remain the original size.

* Typically a photograph designed for web viewing is normally 50Kb in size or less. The fly forums gallery allows you to upload file sizes up to 100kb which means you may need to web-optimize your photographs before you upload.

To optimize use Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software, or an online service like: Online Image Optimizer: Optimize your GIFS, JPGS, and PNGS online. or Web Resizer - Making Photos Faster - Optimize pictures for websites and email for bigger photographs.

We find an image quality of ‘40’ as the best compromise between quality and loading speed.

* To delete a photograph then Click Photo Options and choose the Edit Photo. Delete is one of the options in there.

Larry

seacraftj2

Reaction score
Other sites charge a nominal fee to advertise relevant merchandise to their members, I have some really nice rods for sale.....oh well. Archaic policy to have 50 posts required....

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi seacraft,

Archaic or not we are first and foremost a discussion forum not a sales platform. Active membership are always welcome to sell unwanted tackle here but we avoid sellers who wish only to find buyers then move on.

Sorry about that,

Ard