Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Scott A3 7' 3wt

Default Scott A3 7' 3wt - Reduced

***SOLD*** For sale is a Scott A3 7' 3wt rod. This rod is Like New and in excellent condition. Fished a total of 2 times. The only way you know the rod has been used is due to the normal light soiling on the cork from regular use. This is a great little rod. The only reason I am letting it go is because I have decided that anything lighter than a 4wt just doesn't suit me.

The price is $175 to your door CONUS. PayPal is the accepted form of payment.

PS. I am not the greatest photographer and somehow I cannot get the rod photo to transfer in a larger size without losing clarity. So if you would like a bigger photo of the rod, I will gladly email one to you.
    Last edited by txbevo; 11-01-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Update

Default Re: Scott A3 7' 3wt

Bump - Price reduction

Can you comment on this rod's action?

I've got a 7'6" 4 wt I bought (sight unseen) as a medium action and it snaps like a mousetrap! Far too fast for my applications or meager casting abilities.

Hey Ghost, Scott's website lists the A3 as Medium Fast. I would say that is pretty much right on. It is by no means a real fast stick, but it is not a true medium feel either. I have an A2 8' 4wt that I consider to be Medium Fast and the A3 is slower and bends deeper into the rod than the A2 IMHO. These are not slow rods, but they aren't Fast.

5. Default Re: Scott A3 7' 3wt

PM sent with some questions.