Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WTB a 1wt or 2wt in the $100 range

Default WTB a 1wt or 2wt in the $100 range

Warranty doesn't matter. Just want a decent rod, doesn't have to be top of the line.

Blog Entries

Default Re: WTB a 1wt or 2wt in the $100 range

I am sure that someone has a rod that could be let go at that price.

For another option, Redington has a 7'6" 2 weight in its Classic Trout series. It sells for $129 in most shops. A forum sponsor, reelflyrod.com, lists it. At that price, you are also getting a tube, sock, and a warranty.

In the gear review sections, I reviewed a 3 weight, and Cliff reviewed a 5 weight.

MP
    Last edited by MoscaPescador; 10-14-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: added something

Interesting. Thanks. I was looking at the TFO finesse but it was a little more than I want to spend. Heard great things about reddington.

I have the TFO Lefty Kreh Professional 2wt 8'. At $149.00 with an awesome warranty, it's a steal. I also have their 2wt Signature. It's a 6' , which is my go to brushy creekin rod. I think you can get that for $99.00.
    I fish, therefore, I drink...

Quote Originally Posted by fishtacos View Post
    Interesting. Thanks. I was looking at the TFO finesse but it was a little more than I want to spend. Heard great things about reddington.
    Redington is owned by Sage now so they are designed and built with Sage R&D. For the money I don't see how you could go wrong.
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

After reading some reviews and what not, the CT seems perfect. Gonna pull the trigger come Nov 1. Thanks for the suggestion.