Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Offering The Double Braided Loop

After having ample time to track the costs of various braided materials - labor time making the best loops I can produce - packaging and the $3.09 current postage fee for tracked deliveries a price change has occurred. These are still under 2 dollars each and they do offer cheap protection to welded loop lines & sink tips. I regret that they are not free but the reality of supply costs, banking fees and postage has come home to roost here.

I don't make use of my business membership very often, no hocking for guided fishing not even pushing my Loops............

I'm going to take a minute or two to talk to you about those welded loops on your fly lines and how I protect mine. As far as I know I am the first person who began posting to forums about the use of a Double Loop system regarding welded loop line damage.

Back in 2010 I had a really nice salmon hooked and was about the business of bringing it to shore. As I was pumping then reeling to gain line and bring the fish close my line suddenly went slack. I reeled things in and saw that my leader was gone as well as fish & fly.

Oh well reach for a spool of tippet and tie on a new one right? Wrong. What I found was that the welded loop on my Scientific Anglers line was sheared right through / cut! No more loop to do the loop to loop leader with. Now what?

Right, make a nail knot. Anyone who has not tied a nail knot for ten years and has no nail knot tool with them at a time like this knows how this went. I finished the day using a floating tip because the cut line was my only Hi Density sink tip.

Experience had also shown me that sink tip material is rather a soft coating and a nail knot can often just peal the coating off and be gone as well. So what did I do?

I went home and created a Double Braided Monofilament Loop. I have used them ever since that day and since I produced a video about my fishing techniques I have been selling Double Braided Loops all over the country and the world.

This is a 3 year old fly line's welded loop, does yours look that good?

12655.JPG

12656.JPG

Both sides or top & bottom and I believe you might agree it is as good as new. That line has caught more 10 - 25 pound fish than I can take a guess at and that loop is undamaged.

Take a look at your sink tip loops before you go off chasing Steelhead or Salmon folks. Or if you have a new line / lines, consider getting some protection for them.

Below are the 2 most popular loops used between the sink tips welded loop and the leader.

12654.JPG

Top is #35 braid in black
    Bottom is #25 braid in black.

What does such a great job of protecting my loop on the floating line?

This is a #50 braided loop in orange, I also use white, they make great sight indicators so I can judge where my fly is at.

12657.JPG

This isn't about becoming rich, that train left the station long ago. But I don't give these away either. I've always learned by doing and what I've learned about selling double braided loops is that I must charge $23.50 per dozen or I see no profit for my time and materials.

Bottom Line....... 12 Double Loops in 50 pound Orange - 50 pound Black - 35 pound Black; $24.50 Price includes Pay Pal Fees and Tracked Postage to customers in the USA.

The price for 35 pound Orange is $27.00 this because the thinner diameter braid is much more difficult to splice / takes much longer and breaks tools.

Contact me for a price on mixed batches please.

Outside US please check for Post quote.

Available Choices:

25 Pound Test: Black or White
    35 Pound Test: Black only
    50 Pound Test: Black or Orange
    Last edited by Ard; 04-18-2019 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Postage increase noted $3.09

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

2. Likes mcnerney, rockriver liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Offering The Double Braided Loop

Incidentally, I did notice that RIO began offering their twist on what I consider my double loop connector 3 years ago. They do include a small swivel in their offering but I don't believe this is necessary. I can do this but have only made a few.

The RIO product sells for 29.99 for 3 pieces on their Accessories page. I have been all over the map with what I charged for a dozen and arrived at the conclusion that there was no reward whatever in selling at 14 dollars per dozen. I'm placing the advertisement for them because I just got another $200 in braid in stock.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Can't see the pictures. Says I need admin privileges.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Paul

Can't see the pictures.

plecain, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Paul

Blog Entries

That's weird Paul, I did nothing in creating the thread out of the ordinary.

Anyone else?

Byron Bay...easternmost point of Australia

Yep...+1
    Thanks Ard

I'm in for a dozen. PM sent

Blog Entries

Please tell me, are the pictures showing now?

I can see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks Ard thanked for this post
    Blog Entries

Thank you

Originally posted in Business Classifieds and it seems the images were unavailable for members...………… ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast