Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default WTB Fiberglass Rod

Looking to try the Fiberglass thing. Looking for a decent quality used rod in the 3-4 wt range, maybe 5, for use on small to medium streams. Primarily trout, panfish, and/or small bass. Willing to spend up to $300 or so. That obviously will get a butterstick or an echo new, so not really thinking of those. More like a used Superfine, or possibly even a well used Steffen or something like that.

Thx.

Default Re: WTB Fiberglass Rod

Quote Originally Posted by bluewinged46er View Post
    Looking to try the Fiberglass thing. Looking for a decent quality used rod in the 3-4 wt range, maybe 5, for use on small to medium streams. Primarily trout, panfish, and/or small bass. Willing to spend up to $300 or so. That obviously will get a butterstick or an echo new, so not really thinking of those. More like a used Superfine, or possibly even a well used Steffen or something like that.

Thx.
    Go to Fiberglass FLyrodders website. They often have very nice used glass rods for sale. Steffen, Livingston, EPic, etc

3. Likes turf dawg, scotty macfly liked this post
  4. Default Re: WTB Fiberglass Rod

Quote Originally Posted by cerec_cat View Post
    Go to Fiberglass FLyrodders website. They often have very nice used glass rods for sale. Steffen, Livingston, EPic, etc
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

5. Default Re: WTB Fiberglass Rod

Quote Originally Posted by cerec_cat View Post
    I went there but don't see classifieds there, Maybe I need to create an account first?

Yeah, you need an account to see it

Blog Entries

The only one I know of in our classifieds is an old listing from last year, Vintage Orvis Full Flex

It's one of mine, I have a number of small stream rods from my previous life but have been living in Alaska for over 14 years. The light rods don't get used like they would somewhere else. It's old and they aren't very fancy, they do work pretty well.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

8. Likes mcnerney liked this post

I fish a New Fenwick Fenglass 7'6" 5wt with Rio Gold wf and new Pflueger Medalist 5/6 reel, I also fish a vintage Fenwick 7'6" 6wt with Rio Gold wf and vintage Pfueger Medalist 1494 reel, both outfits perform very well. Ebay for used and Amazon or a fly shop for new.

A used Stephen Bros sounds like a great idea. I've got a 703/4 Hardy Sirrus Sintrix, and I have seen them on sale for $299. I'm continually impressed with it. I almost got ride of it when I first got it to trade it for a Stephan Bros or something of the like. I'm really glad I didn't. Lots of fun choices out there. Do you know what weight line you want? I’ve seen several used 4s and 5s out there lately, not as many 3's. I got an email from Greywolfrods.com and you can get a new rod for just over $600. GaDangggg. :-)
    Last edited by proheli; 02-08-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Blog Entries

I didn’t see much that fit the bill on that fiberglass forum, lots of evidently very high end glass at high end graphite $$$.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

12. Default Re: WTB Fiberglass Rod

I am really looking for a 3/4. I have seen a couple of very nice 5 wts, but looking for something for the smokies - streams there are on the small, sometimes very small side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast