Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  40
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ovis C.F.O III made in England

Quote Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post
    I also have 3 Hardy made Scientific Angler System II #5 reels that I will be posting for $150/each if those are of interest.
    Hi Paul, if you would be so kind to send me some pics of the Hardy made SA's Id appreciate it!

Thank You!

Denny

2. Likes k_e_v, hairwing530 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by dennyk View Post
    Hi Paul, if you would be so kind to send me some pics of the Hardy made SA's Id appreciate it!

Thank You!

Denny
    I found I did get one picture Denny and will have more over the weekend. The reel is the SA by Hardy and as you can see the spool is Hardy NIB but not a matching finish (at least with this one) . I believe these spools with also fit the CFO but I'm not sure. I'll have all of them in hand by the weekend and can get a better handle on the details.

[IMG][/IMG]

4. Thanks dennyk thanked for this post
    Likes k_e_v, hairwing530 liked this post

I will take one as well pending a picture. Just let me know payment details when you get to that point.
    Life is like a box of chocolates...and a river runs through it. Or something like that.

6. Thanks eastfly66 thanked for this post
    Likes hairwing530 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4.0 View Post
    I will take one as well pending a picture. Just let me know payment details when you get to that point.
    You got it Matt. I'll send you a pic as soon as I have the inventory in hand, should be this Saturday.

8. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

Hey Guys, for all of you that claimed a reel they were delivered to me today but I was in the middle of renovations and tiling a floor so I'll get these all sorted out and ready to hit the Post office first thing Monday. For those of you that sent me a PM for pictures I'll take care of that tomorrow.
    Thanks Guys !

10. Thanks k_e_v thanked for this post
    Likes hairwing530, Ard liked this post

Ok Guys, I was having my morning coffee and decided to do a little reading , I cam e across a history lesson Richard (S&S) was kind enough to share. I stand corrected here, it appears these reels were produced for Orvis by BFR in England and not Hardy if I read the post by S&S correctly. These reels lack the revets on the back. Below is a qoute by Richard and the full history behind this iconic reel. Thanks S&S.

"In 1993, Orvis acquired British Fly Reels and, although manufacturing continued to be “Made in England”, Orvis switched CFO production from Hardy to BFR. These latter CFOs did not have the rivets on their back surface as the spring and pawl componentry was supported by an internal plate. A first for the CFO series, a green, off-set disc drag model was introduced shortly thereafter and, although fine fishing reels, these BFR produced models represented the end of the seminal classic CFOs. Over the course of time and many varied Orvis reels, CFOs eventually returned briefly to Hardy manufacturer, machined in England and currently, a beautiful and faithful CFO III, machined and anodized by Abel in California for Orvis, is available. This Abel and the last Hardy versions are, as was the original, spring and pawl designs and, at $345, the modern CFO is a very fine and beautifully crafted fly reel."

Orvis CFO III 30 Years Apart

For those of you that signed up , a PM is coming out to make sure you are still on board....I suspect most of you already knew the details. Thanks for the history lesson Richard.

12. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

Hey east fly, your PMs are full, FYI.
    Life is like a box of chocolates...and a river runs through it. Or something like that.

14. Likes k_e_v, eastfly66, hairwing530 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4.0 View Post
    Hey east fly, your PMs are full, FYI.
    Thanks Matt, I'll go fit the mess

[QUOTE=eastfly66;1484368]Ok Guys, I was having my morning coffee and decided to do a little reading , I cam e across a history lesson Richard (S&S) was kind enough to share. I stand corrected here, it appears these reels were produced for Orvis by BFR in England and not Hardy if I read the post by S&S correctly. These reels lack the revets on the back. Below is a qoute by Richard and the full history behind this iconic reel. Thanks S&S.

"In 1993, Orvis acquired British Fly Reels and, although manufacturing continued to be “Made in England”, Orvis switched CFO production from Hardy to BFR. These latter CFOs did not have the rivets on their back surface as the spring and pawl componentry was supported by an internal plate. A first for the CFO series, a green, off-set disc drag model was introduced shortly thereafter and, although fine fishing reels, these BFR produced models represented the end of the seminal classic CFOs. Over the course of time and many varied Orvis reels, CFOs eventually returned briefly to Hardy manufacturer, machined in England and currently, a beautiful and faithful CFO III, machined and anodized by Abel in California for Orvis, is available. This Abel and the last Hardy versions are, as was the original, spring and pawl designs and, at $345, the modern CFO is a very fine and beautifully crafted fly reel

Orvis does not list a C.F.O. reel. I wish they did since I need a C.F.O. III.

17. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

[QUOTE=rockriver;1484994]
    Quote Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post

Orvis does not list a C.F.O. reel. I wish they did since I need a C.F.O. III.
    Well, you might be in luck and I could have one left.

19. Likes hairwing530 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast