Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SA Mastery WFF line?

Default SA Mastery WFF line?

this stuff any good?
    found a place online i was wanting a few things from and i just bought another rod the other day...its an Orvis Clearwater II from one of the members here for a backup for me and for my wife to use so i needed some line for it...gettin the reel tomorrow....so i bought this line...seemed pretty cheap..$40 i think it was...this stuff any good?

Default Re: SA Mastery WFF line?

SA Mastery is a whole "line" of fly lines (pun intended). They range in retail price from $45-$70, and there are taper designs for many different purposes (GPS (General Purpose), Streamer, Sink, Saltwater, etc.).

Which SA Mastery line did you buy?

the one i got was the Headstart

Hi luke,

You will like the line and $40 is the going rate at stores.

Frank

was hopeing that it was a decent line...i have some of the SA mastery in a full sink that is on my Sage but wasnt sure about the headstart line.....its mainly gonna be a backup anyways and one for my wife to try...so it wont get used a ton but its nice to have a spare ya know

luked - the Headstart is a half line weight heavy, to help beginners experience the feel of a rod loading more easily.

Retail is $39.99, so you didn't get much of a bargain, but you didn't overpay either.

I got one a couple of years ago and loaded it on my 4wt, since the other half heavy lines weren't built down to a 4wt. Most of my fishing is close combat wading for carp, or fishing from my skiff, and casts are generally less than 25 feet. The half heavy helps a little in that situation. I like the line.

Craig
    FlatsLander Guide Service
    www.flatslander.com