Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cortland 333+

1. Default Cortland 333+

What are the opinions on this line? I see it for pretty cheap which leads me to believe that it's probably pretty cheap line - the reason I ask is because I heard decent things of some of the older Cortland fly lines. Any opinions?

Default Re: Cortland 333+

I've never bought a "plus" but at one time the 333 lines were all that I ever used and I still have a bunch of them. All full sinks, sink tips, and intermediates.
    And I know that there's some guys that prefer the 333 lines over any others for their fiberglass rods.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Default Re: Cortland 333+

I had bought 333+ with my first 5wt. It was a good line while it floated. I switched after a couple months to the Scientific Anglers Supra ($10 more). IMHO the supra performed a bit better and I love the loop to loop connection. I switch my leaders back and forth for different types of nymphing and dry fly fishing sometimes rather than having to carry around two rods. I later fell in love with Rio's Gold line, but everybody has a different opinion. Hope this helps.