Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Airflow Polyleaders and Rio VersiLeaders

Have you guys used the Airflow Polyleaders and are they the same as the Rio VersiLeaders?
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

Default Re: Airflow Polyleaders and Rio VersiLeaders

According to this discussion, they are basically the same.

Gorge Fly Shop Blog: Sink Tips, Polyleaders, Versileaders - A Buyer's Guide

Mods please remove link if it breaks the rules. I can PM for the link if it gets taken down.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

3. Likes runningfish liked this post

The link works fine and a good article too.
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

I have used both. Found that airflo seemed to work better with one of my scandi lines and was curious why, so I weighed them and there was a significant difference. I have the weights written down somewhere, but there was a thread on this on another forum.

I just received the Airflo Bass/Pike 4' Floating that I bought from Ebay. The material is very different. I am going to compare it with a regular mono leader and with a furled leader.

I tried the floating Airflo leader trout fishing and found the mass of polymer coating over the mono core caused a distinct "kick" at the front of my line disrupting precise presentation and communicative feel. Used as a wet fly depth locator with Spey or switch outfits they may have an application but not for dry fly use.

SnS thank you for the input.

I am planning to use it for bass poppers and the intermediate for streamers and crawfish flies.