2 weight lines?

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
I'm only about a year into 2wts and only have the one line that's on my reel. It's a Wulff triangle taper and seems to work good. Roll cast great and were I fish that rod, a good roll cast is a must.

Best choice ?,,I wouldn't really know. But it does work good.

Mike

vgb

Reaction score
I use an Orvis Superfine for dry fly work and find it very good to use with both steffan glass and softer graphites

regards

Vince

r reese

Reaction score
Thanks Triangle Taper Orvis Superfine and SA Mastery trout are going to be my choices wish I could cast all 3

shimloom

Reaction score
I have a old Scott "G" Series that I just got and it came with hardy WF-2-F line and it casts great. Don't know if they still make it but it does fish very nice. I also just got, today' an Orvis Wonderline WF2I Gen 3 I am going to try for fishing deeper this winter. Good luck!

Craig

craigthor

Reaction score
I've got some AirFlo Super-Dri Elite WF2F coming for a rod that is still in production stages. There doesn't seem to be many 2wt lines available.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe your line choice will be good, I've had more of the SA. lines than I can remember and they have always been just fine regardless of the rod I purchased them for. It is only since I began using 2 hand rods that I've ventured into the realm of what I consider exotics in fly lines. For those rods I have a collection of SA. Carron - Ian Gordon and Rio lines. To think that when I got that first rod I said "I'm not going to do what I've done with single hand rods". By that I meant that I would not end up with a stack of rods.............. Oops.

At this time I believe that almost all my lines from 3 - 9 weight that are on reels are Scientific Angler Mastery lines and they are great.

means

Reaction score
I purchased my first two weight this spring and have been extremely pleased with the Cabelas prestige plus line that I got on sale. It has a welded loop on front and the WF I got lets me roll cast well and make some pretty decent distance.

craigthor

Reaction score
Just got in my AirFlo Super Dri Elite and it is a really nice feeling line, I won't be able to get it out till late next week when I get a day off to try it out though.