Airflo super-dri exceed

gretch6364

Reaction score
I have not fished it yet, so this is of no help to you, but I bought one for my 7wt for carp fishing. I have heard good things, but that is all...just heard. Apparently they don't float as high as some of the Rio and SA lines, but are suppose to last a really really long time.

If you want the line for a medium action rod, you could give the Super-Dri Elite a go.

delopez

Reaction score
I'm getting it in next week. I cast it on a 6 weight loop cross s1 and it was a very nice casting line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

james w 3 3

I just put it on my Hardy Zenith 9' 4wt, based on the feeling when I demo'd the 8'6" vs the 9'. I was surprised with the difference between the two, and really felt the 9' needed just a bit more line weight, just a bit, not a whole line size.

For this rod, it's a great match. Nice touch up close, reaches out at 50' just as nicely. Shoots quietly, which I really like. Loops on both ends, another thing I like.

I'm not sure it's the right line for another rod, you'd have to try it to be sure. Rod and line and caster must all work together for optimal performance, so all I can say is the for me, and my Zenith, it's the bomb. JMO ;)

runningfish

Reaction score
I just put it on my Hardy Zenith 9' 4wt, based on the feeling when I demo'd the 8'6" vs the 9'. I was surprised with the difference between the two, and really felt the 9' needed just a bit more line weight, just a bit, not a whole line size.

For this rod, it's a great match. Nice touch up close, reaches out at 50' just as nicely. Shoots quietly, which I really like. Loops on both ends, another thing I like.

I'm not sure it's the right line for another rod, you'd have to try it to be sure. Rod and line and caster must all work together for optimal performance, so all I can say is the for me, and my Zenith, it's the bomb. JMO ;)
James, the Exceed is actually for the same Zenith that you have. A couple of days ago I just bought a zenith 4wt 9ft and looking for an alternative line other than the Rio Gold.

J

james w 3 3

James, the Exceed is actually for the same Zenith that you have. A couple of days ago I just bought a zenith 4wt 9ft and looking for an alternative line other than the Rio Gold.
I'm really happy with it. Hope it makes you smile as much as mine does to me!

runningfish

Reaction score
I'll give it a try.
btw, does the line really float higher, supple and repel junks as advertised?

Last edited:
J

james w 3 3

I'll give it a try.
btw, does the line really float higher, supple and repel junks as advertised?
I was casting it on a pond with an air temp of 65 degrees, so I cannot speak to cold performance, and didn't have to pay any attention to flexibility. I never thought anything like "gee this is a bit stiff". It did float very well so it picked up off the water nicely. Water was very clear so getting gunked up wasn't possible. I was just hoping it would cast great.

delopez

Reaction score
I cast a loop cross s1 6 weight again today, with the exceed line. I cast the whole line. Smooth line, for sure!

delopez

Reaction score
Alright, I just bought one of these for my 9 weight. Awesome line! I would recommend this line to just about anyone!

zelly

Reaction score
How is the taper different from the Rio Grand? I know nothing about lines etc, but do own the 9' #4 zenith with a SA sharkskin GPX #4 and not sure if i LOVE it. I heard the Grand has a more aggressive taper than the GPX so its easier to cast longer without having a lot of line in the air. Therefore I'm thinking about either the Rio Grand or this airflo one, if its similar to the grand. Since im more of a beginner than a pro, its said to be easier to cast with aswell. Just afraid it can be a little to heavy and maybe spook the fish when fishing dry :D