Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default 555 Line w/ Dyna Tip

Just wondering what opinions are on the 555 line with the Dyna Tip from Cortland. I am thinking of putting it on a salt 6 wght for small stripers and pond work. Some on sale and was just wondering.

333?

What line suggestions?

Thanks.

Default Re: 555 Line w/ Dyna Tip

I use 555 w dyna tip. Out of all they lines I have (Mostly cheap) I really like the 555. Cast nice.

I have a couple of those lines and can find nothing at all wrong with them.
    They float better than most, especially the tips, and have great colors and tapers.

Hi Reel Karma,

I have only used the Cortland Tropic Plus fly lines. They are a great saltwater line. If most of your fishing will be in saltwater then you might want to consider one. They have a hard finish and little memory.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Karma View Post
    Just wondering what opinions are on the 555 line with the Dyna Tip from Cortland. I am thinking of putting it on a salt 6 wght for small stripers and pond work.

Thanks.
    Those is the type of waters I use the DynaTip lines on... the pond out back and at Lake Norman for fresh water stripers.
    I like it at the pond because the finish isn't too hard to maintain from the scum pond I invariably pick up. I quick wash with Ivory bar soap on a cloth, rinse, and it's pretty much good to go. On occasion you might want to treat it with one of those durable line conditioners like Rio Agent X or Glide.
    I think if you have any issues at all it would be matching the line to the size fly you anticipate throwing.

6. Default Re: 555 Line w/ Dyna Tip

Thanks for all the replies. Tight lines.

7. Default Re: 555 Line w/ Dyna Tip

I just finished spooling some 555 Dyna tip WF-5-F tonight. Looks like great line, I'll be trying it out on Sunday so I can give you a report. When I opened the spool there was a 6 inch piece of nylon mesh with a welded loop on the end. I am guessing it gets tied on to the end of the line so you can do loop to loop connections with the store bought tapered leaders, anybody have suggestions for how to attach this to the end of the line?