Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: New line from Cortland

Quote Originally Posted by cb3fish View Post
    Cause it said so...Can we move on now?

CB
    I am unprepared to move on. I am genuinely interested in why you tied on your own loops? Not a fan of the factory welded loops? What did you use to create your loops? With you big swinging fish prowess, this would be info that I’m sure the forum would find useful.

2. Likes k_e_v liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cb3fish View Post
    Cause it said so...Can we move on now?

CB
    Ok, I'll try and be the good angel here. Carl, this thread was an April 1st posting. It was an April Fools Joke thread. The picture/line shown by the OP, doesn't exist....it's a spoof....if you read the earlier responses you would have seen that. When you piped up and said they shipped you this line to test.....it's impossible because it doesn't exist. And, if when you piped up to say they shipped you line and you meant they shipped you other lines, it was still a completely irrelevant comment to the thread....which again, was an April fools joke. When members bite back it's usually because someone hasn't read the thread and says something completely irrelevant.....which is what you were doing here- nobody cares about the 10-11-12 wt whatever line you have on a joke thread. Hope you get that. Just trying to help. and yes, let's move on.

4. Likes steveid, Rip Tide liked this post

Steveid,

I don't really think you care, however I always cut the factory loops off as I have stated in other posts. I use 50 # braided mono loops that I make for all my lines. When using braided backing it likes to dig into the soft coating of the factory loops but it works great with mono loops....If I was a trout fisherman I might just leave the factory welded loop alone, since the trout doesn't pull hard enough to cause a problem-My 2 cents-CB

Whatever---it's a fly fishing forum. man you guys take this stuff really serious--I have already moved on. It's history LOL CB

My Florida guide's grandad told him when he was little; "Don't be a Mullet".

8. Likes steveid liked this post

cortlandrod.jpg

Just for trolling, not for casting.

Sorry Mr.CB, I couldn't resist.

Peace to everyone

Jofer

10. Likes steveid, cb3fish liked this post
    Western Portal Sequoia National Forest / Kern River.

This ones going south. It came up on my s.m. feed from Cortland on the 1st. and I thought that you guys would enjoy the gag.

I'll admit to my own gullibility. Carl initially I thought you were onboard and were trying to up the ante with the 10/11 weight / field report suggestion, same goes for S&S with his pitch for Cortland Tropic plus monocores. I thought to myself "Way to go guys, lets see how much backing this reels got".

Sorry if anyone got nicked by this one. Dave

12. Likes k_e_v liked this post

Dave-No problem on this end. I seen the Cortland box and told myself "they just sent two of those" I guess i should have looked closer? No big deal-CB

I got one too but they changed the name from Mullet.

I just saw they have been discontinued, due to the rising cost of mullets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast