New Cortland Trout Boss DT

makoml

Reaction score
Just noticed Cortland has a new Trout Boss line in Double Taper........ its heavier than AFTMA at 30' but on a DT line that's to be expected if you want the line to load close in at all...... the extra weight is at the back end of the 30' like on a standard belly / long rear taper line.

Was about to buy the WF6 Omniverse until I saw this........ anyone see or try one in person???? I miss good old fashioned DT lines....... mend like nobodies business.

osseous

Reaction score
Another DT to consider is the Airflo- each end has a different taper. Gives you a little flexibility

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

flav

Reaction score
I haven't fished either line, but the front taper looks the same on both. You're not going to notice any difference fishing the omniverse (except grains) until you have the back taper out of your rod tip and that means about 40-60 feet of line. Looks to me if you buy the DT you're basically getting both colored versions of the omniverse in the same line, just one line size heavy. If you mostly fish inside 50 feet and don't mind a moss green or orange line (I hate both) I'd consider the DT.