Line Recs for Sage Pulse 486-4

Bgregist

Reaction score
Purchasing a Sage 486-4 (my first Sage) tomorrow and wanted to get some line rec's. Haven't used Rio in a long time...SA recently. Have MPX for 6wt

Thoughts on line for Pulse 4wt? I see a lot of Rio Gold, In Touch Gold, Perception...what about SA?
Does the Pulse do well with 1/2 size heavy or stick with something like Amplitude Smooth Trout?

Thanks!

sgp

Reaction score
I’ve had that rod for a couple years now. Have used the RIO Gold and SA Mastery Trout Taper. Very happy with the trout taper.

brownbass

Reaction score
I considered my line recommendation. I throw a lot of foam terrestrials so the Gold works for me because it is a little heavier and allows me the option to fish small streamers and Nymph rigs if forced too. When I make a more delicate presentation the Gold works but a Trout taper might be better.

Bgregist

Reaction score
Scratch the 4wt Pulse buy for now. I stubbled upon a 590-4 Z-Axis for sale on Ebay yesterday and secured it for $350. Did not think I would find one of these heralded rods. Now I am wanting a Z-Axis in 6 and/or 7 weights...or both. Any one out there wanting to part with theirs? :) The Pulse is still definitely on the list.

thirdcoaststeelheader

Reaction score
I went out with the 586 and cast it with a Rio Trout LT wf5 and dt4. I perceived that a Gold might pair better. Out of curiosity, did you pair the 486 with intouch or standard Gold?