Fueled nylon monofilament leaders with tippet ring

Bgregist

Reaction score
I've not seen them with a ring and not sure the terminal end of the leader would be small enough to support one. I could be wrong through! Ive seen plenty of threaded leaders with rings. I just prefer Nylon and I only use Blue Sky.

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
Cutthroat nylon furled come standard with a loop, but Mike is willing to put rings on instead at your request. He believes the loops are stronger, but I always get the tippet rings.

Also, the furled leaders from Feather Craft come standard with tippet rings. I’m sure others are out there as well.

Sometimes you just gotta ask.

Don

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
And why would you want a tippet ring on a Nylon Furled Leader? For ease of use? Which would be missing the point of these performance biased leaders. Used correctly one needs to build down sectionally from the end of the furl so the standard shorb loop would accept a looped first segment of monofilament just as easily as a ring, yes?

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Reese and All, Since we have a comprehensive thread going about the dynamics of Furls and Braids up under Coldwater Articles, may I invite you to participate there so as to further develop the dialog and informativness of this subject under one roof. The more discussion and questions the better it will develop as a combined reference source.

Bgregist

Reaction score
And why would you want a tippet ring on a Nylon Furled Leader? For ease of use? Which would be missing the point of these performance biased leaders. Used correctly one needs to build down sectionally from the end of the furl so the standard shorb loop would accept a looped first segment of monofilament just as easily as a ring, yes?
I agree, I like the shorb loop. I have more confidence in that loop to loop connection between shorb and perfection loop on the tippet than a 2mm tipper ring on a clinch knot.