Fenwick World Class fly lines

mudduck

Reaction score
Anyone have any input on these lines? I see the All Purpose floating line all over the place for the price of a song but not a single bit of feedback on them. Surely they would be as good if not better than the similarly priced Chinese lines?

At 11 bucks for my 3wt its a steal even if I end up using it to tie up the carpet pieces we just removed from our living room.

mudduck

Reaction score
Turns out its a pretty solid line. Nice and smooth, chucks streamers nice and far. Mends well.

For whatever reason I bought the 7wt for $12 on amazon but now it looks like the 7wt is up to $47. Dunno why that is but the 3wt is still $11 if anyone needs a cheap premium line to try.

mudduck

Reaction score
I just looked at them and everything is in grains . That confused me . Whats a 3wt and a 5 wt ?
The 3wt is 105 grains and the 5wt is 145 grains

jayr

Reaction score
Well I took the plunge as well on the 3 weight line. For $11 I can make it a euro nymph line if it doesn’t cast well.

jayr

Reaction score
Well my Fenwick 3 weight line arrived yesterday. I spooled it on a spare Orvis Battenkill spool and it did just fine, so far. Frankly for $11 I was not expecting much. I like the color as it is a dull sage color. I noticed the box said it was Made in Canada, I was fully expecting it to be Chinese although who knows where the actual line was made. I hope to use it soon and see how it does.

I did notice right after I ordered it the price went back up to $47 which is still a good deal (if it's a decent line) but I noticed the 4 weight line is still right at $28. Someone might just have to get it and see as well.

jayr

Reaction score
I got to fish this line today.

I had an extra spool for a Battenkill reel and then put it on an Orvis Superfine Carbon 8’6” 3 weight. I went to the Smokies and fished it not expecting a whole lot honestly.

I had casts typical of blueline streams in the park from a few feet up to a few 25-30 foot casts on some more open stretches. It did very well. It had no coil memory and performed as well as my other lines such as Rio and AirFlo. I would highly recommend it.

trev

Reaction score
There is a line manufacturer in Ca, Northern Sport has offices in Guelph, Ontario, Canada and in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, UK.
They make custom lines in bulk for private label and market the AquaNova brand. A couple of supply houses sell their lines as "factory overruns" .

jayr

Reaction score
Bumping this back up.

FYI,

This line in 6 and 8 weight is under $10 with free shipping.

I bought it in 3 and 7 weight and it does great.