TFO NXT line recommendation

CPalmer72

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have lurked around for a week or so trying to gather as much info as i can.
I grew up bass fishing. I still tournament fish roughly 30 weekends out of a year. To say I am on the water a lot is an understatement. Several months ago I picked up a TFO 9ft NXT 5/6 combo to learn with. Mainly fishing creeks around middle Alabama catching bluegill, rock bass and some smaller largemouth. I have been wanting to upgrade from the line that with the rod, and have read more information/reviews than my mind can process. However, i am taking a trip to Gatlinburg next weekend and wanting to try my luck at some small brook trout.

I have read a lot of good things about the rio gold and trout, and a ton of mixed reviews on the SA MPX. Most of the posts that I come across talk about matching the line with the rod. Without being able to try several and being new in the fly fishing world, looking for some of you guys that have more experience. I don't mind spending the money on a quality line

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

stinger22

Reaction score
The SA Frequency in Boost or Magnum are good lines both half weight heavier will help in casting warm water bugs good value also for brookies use long leader and high stick believe the NXT is medium action so 5wt would do the trick