Allen Fly Lines ?

flyguy2

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the fly lines offered by Allen Co? I am hoping they are as good as their fly reels.

FlyBum

Reaction score
I only have experience with their WFF lines, but in my opinion they are excellent. I wouldn't put them up their with RIO, but when it comes to the WWF I will only use Allen & Co fly lines. As RIO and others are not enough better IMO to warrant paying more.

His reels on the other hand I like as well as the Abels I used to own, which IMO is saying whole lot. Justin's (Allen & Co) reels are top notch and I'll find out soon whether the same is true for his Nano Ti fly rods. However I assume they are just as good.

araitim

Reaction score
i dont have much experience with many other brands other than Prestige Plus fly line. i have Allen WFF 5 and WFF 8 and IMO the Allen line is FAR superior to the Prestige Plus fly line.

boser

Reaction score
Yes, I have much experience with Allen Flylines. I have 3 wt, 5 wt, 8 wt and they work really well. I will never pay that high price again. IMO it is senseless to pay 50,60 dollars when you can get two colored WFF line for 16.50. The two colored line is really nice to use as a strike indicator when fishing streams....

Boser

flyguy2

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, that's all I needed to hear. I am off to do some shopping !!!!

cattech89

Reaction score
Ive also really good success with Allen lines. Check out the sink tip lines as well if you've got an application for it. Ive got a 9wt WFF and a 9wt sink tip and I love them both.

hookworm

Reaction score
I have been using Allen fly lines for almost a season and can say I can't tell a big difference and for the price why pay more. I actually had a guy on the river ask me what kind of line I was using because it seemed to supple.
Justin, got another guy coming your way. :)

allenflyfishing

Business Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.... Thanks for the feedback

Just came out with a new line. Were testing it now to make sure how to market it. Should be on the site soon.

Thanks again

peen9305

Reaction score
I have used Allen Lines in 3 and 5wt. They are a great value and in my opinion perform as well as your more expensive lines.

ben664

Reaction score
Hi Justin !

Do you think receive other lines color than Olive? (I like heavy colors like yellow, light bue, or white). I'm not in the hurry for the fly line.