Help ID this line

buddy333

Reaction score
Well first off I am a complete newb to fly fishing for the most part. I have had some help in picking up a TFO Ticrx 10 wt to chase down chinook. I was also picked up for next to nothing a very nice reel that was already loaded with line but he could not remember what exactly he had put on there other than it was a 10# line with multiple tips. I am being sent the other 2 tips as they were not located yet when given to me. Anyway I took a picture to maybe help ID it. It seems to me that there is an extra section on the line the way it is currently strung. There is the backing, and then the running line (light greenish blue) that turns into the flyline (thicker yellow) this just transitions on the line from light green to thicker yellow. Then there is another yellow line attached via loop to loop, this line is nearly identical to the first yellow except feels slightly thinner. The second yellow then attaches loop to loop with another yellow line that is slightly thinner again and tapers down. It is slightly different in color but I suspect that might be because it is out more and exposed? Then there is a small piece of mono with loops on either end that connects to the leader.
Questions are is this set up correctly? These all seem to float. The other tips are different rate sinking tips i was told. Would I connect them to the last yellow and then a leader and tippet? Or would I take off one section and then add the additional tip then leader and then tippet? Does anyone know what brand or model this line is just by looking at it.
I appologies for all the questions an appreciate all the help. The line was said to only have been fished on 3 trips and I inspected all of it and it looks flawless. The entire setup didnt have a spec of dirt on it. Thanks again.

Attachments

buddy333

Reaction score
I was just told this is a RIO windcutter. Can this line be used with sinking tips on a one handed rod or is it spey only? I might be able to locate the original box but is there any way to tell is if is a 10# line? Thanks