New Sub-forum

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Welcome to our new pattern library. This part of the forum will allow members to share pictures and recipes for patterns, and users will be able to see patterns listed by type of fly.

This part of the forum is under construction and more content and submission guidelines will be coming soon.

Last edited:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This is pretty cool Mark and a surprise also. Does this mean that when we see a new or original creation we should tie it and fish with it and then provide a rating? I responded to the Jock Scott already.

cb

Reaction score
Here is how to add a table:

{colsp=2}Fly Name
Tail | Golden Pheasant tippet
Body | Silver Tinsel

If you use this code: (or use the table icon in the editor)

HTML:
[table="head"]{colsp=2}Fly Name
Tail | Golden Pheasant tippet
Body | Silver Tinsel[/table]
Essentially each cell of data is separated by a "|" symbol

Click on the headers to sort by columns too.

That’s it .

Colin

Last edited by a moderator:

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
As you can see this is a work in progress---

The process for entering new patterns is a little clunky for now, but hopefully the "cheat sheet" sticky will help a bit. if you do try and enter a pattern and have trouble just shoot me a PM and i'll do my best to help.

And down the road we hope to have a more user friendly and robust search feature to sort and locate patterns on a number of criteria-- type of fly, difficulty of tying (beginner, intermediate, advanced), fish species etc etc.

Hopefully this will grow into a neat resource for new tyers, for folks that have been tying awhile but want to learn some new tricks, for sharing classic, regional and new-fangled flies, introduce "new" materials, and spark creative juices as folks incorporate ideas and techniques into their own patterns. It might also generate a lot of good questions and suggestions on techniques, materials and fishing tactics in the other forums.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll get with it and stick up some well known flies Mark, and a few of those home made favorites I try to push on people too :D

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This forum is growing by leaps and bounds and Peregrines is the man behind this effort. Mark came to me over a year ago and said he wanted to build something like this. We now have a growing data base of fly recipes and tutorials thanks to Mark. We all know what a good job he does with the fly swaps and he also deserves a GREAT THANKS from me and the members. Thanks Mark for a GREAT job.

Frank

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
{colsp=2} Frog Hair Butt Diameters Frog Hair Mono Leaders | Butt Diameter
7X,6X Tippet | .020
5X,4X Tippet | .023
3X,2X Tippet | .025
Frog Hair Fluo Leader | Butt Diameter
7X,6X,5X,4X Tippet | .019
3X Tippet | .020
2X Tippet | .021