Where to buy soft hackle capes and saddles in Canada

raven4ns

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know of a Canadian fly shop that carries a good assortment of soft hackle feathers? I am tying soft hackle flies and need a better selection of soft hackles than what I have. To order them from the US I get hit with the foreign exchange which is steep. Any help will be greatly appreciated as most fly shops carry either none or a very small assortment. Thank you.

bigjim5589

Reaction score
I've only ever dealt with one shop in Canada & that's Togen's. No idea what type of inventory they carry, as have only ever purchased online from them, and mostly hooks. togensflyshop.com

I hope this helps you.

philly

Reaction score
The only shop I've ever dealt with was Grand River Trout Fitters, in Fergus, Ont. I stopped in Fergus, several times to fish the Grand River, on my way to a lodge further north, and stopped in the shop. I did pick up some large bags of CDC for a reasonable price. Service was good. This was several years ago. They do have an on-line shop, so they might be worth checking out to see if they have what you're looking for.

raven4ns

Reaction score
Thank you for the help and ideas. I found 2 shops that have a reasonable amount of soft hackle skins/feathers. The first shop is Flymart and the other shop is Salmo Nature. I ordered a $100 yesterday from Flymart so I will see what the service is like. My next order will likely go to the other shop to see what their service is like.