Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Ross Canyon (Non-BG version)

Anyone have any expereince with the Ross Canyon (non big game version)? They came out about the same time as the Rhythm...where they a step up or a step down? Thanks!

Default Re: Ross Canyon (Non-BG version)

Quote Originally Posted by fireroad View Post
    Anyone have any expereince with the Ross Canyon (non big game version)? They came out about the same time as the Rhythm...where they a step up or a step down? Thanks!
    They came out well before the ryhthm... the Canyon was replaced by the Evo, I have owned several, still have two 3's and 6 spools. They are IMO one of the best reels Ross has made... they perform, and they're built like tanks. I have never seen one returned to the shop with problems, and we sold a lot of them.
    ... But a lifelong journey.

I choose fly rods the same way I do women, motorcycles, and cowboy boots...
    go with what ever feels good, and keep on hand as many as I can afford

I also have a #3 that sees a lot of use in SW on my 7wt rod.Very solid reel and very smooth.I believe they were a better reel than the BG reels that came out later.

Quote Originally Posted by GRN View Post
    They came out well before the ryhthm... the Canyon was replaced by the Evo, I have owned several, still have two 3's and 6 spools. They are IMO one of the best reels Ross has made... they perform, and they're built like tanks. I have never seen one returned to the shop with problems, and we sold a lot of them.

You are right, I got my dates confused. The smaller Canyons where discontinued in 2002 and the Rhythm begain in 2002. I have the Rhythm and it works very well. Friends of mine have the Canyon BG and think it's amazing. I haven't seen or heard much about the smaller canyons but I have a chance to pick one up and was trying to figure out if it would be an similiar to, or an upgrade or downgrade fron, my Rhythm.