info on Ross Rhythm Reels

idaho fisherman

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy an older Ross Rhythm reel for my spare rod. Does anyone have any experience and/or info on this reel? Does it compare at all with the Ross evolution?

Bob

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Bob,

Talk to FrankB2 he is a Ross fanatic I am sure he will have some feedback for you. You can find him on almost any of these threads and send him a PM.

If you have questions on sending privet messages to members post it here and I will help you.

Ard

gjcordray

Reaction score
I have both. I have Rhythms in sizes 0,1,1.5, and 2. I also have an evolution in a size 2. First, I absolutely love my Evo. It is everything I could ever want in a trout reel. I have it on my Scott G2 and use it the vast majority of the time. However, the reason I have so many Rhythms is because they were $100 less each and had the identical drag system to the Evo. They are slightly heavier, but still very light. They are reliable and the spool release, drag knob, and reel handle are all very functional. I was very disappointed when they discontinued the reel. If I could afford to buy 5 evolutions, I would. But, if you can pick up a rhythm for a good price, I would go for it.

Is this from some individual or did you find them somewhere else? I am always on the lookout for these reels. Hard to find.

FrankB2

Reaction score
I just realized I never posted anything in this thread. :confused: I sent Bob a
PM. The Rhythms are dandy for me, and every bit as nice as the Evo's.

idaho fisherman

Reaction score
Thanks Guys,

I haven't needed any reels for a long time and so was way out of the loop. Based on your experience and other things I've read, I now have a almost new rhythm reel.

Thanks again,

Bob

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

gj,
I almost missed your question. This was from an individual. He was planning to buy the new evo LT. He was talking with a friend while I was standing there, so it looks like I was just lucky.
Bob

gjcordray

Reaction score
I'm sure you made a good choice and you will absolutely love this reel. If it doesn't come with any of the product information cards about care and cleaning, you can go on the Ross website and download just about anything. Or just ask.

Congratulations on a fun, new toy. Let us all know how the first test drive goes.

Gary

ksigtuck

Reaction score
You will be very happy with this reel. I have one on my 3wt and am very happy with it. I like it just as much as my Vexsis.
TUck

von behr

Reaction score
I have two Rhythm reels and have caught many fish with them. My brother bought the first one for me as a gift. I liked it so much, I bought another when they were discontinued and heavily discounted.

The Rhythm and the Evolution are exactly the same other than weight. The Evo just has more holes punched in it, and is thus lighter. However, it was also significantly more expensive than the Rhythm when they were both still widely available.

The drags, handles, frame size, shape, and spool release mechanisms are identical.

You cannot go wrong with a Rhythm, and Ross will back it up. Their customer service is top notch.

-VB :)