Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Ultra light 2/3 wt reel

The Sage Click II is 2 3/8 oz. I use a Click I on a 0wt rod and it works great.

jlb

Blog Entries

as dennis mentioned, the lamson/waterworks purist 1 is abouut as light as they come. 2.7 oz
    another option is the cortland retro 1 reel. 2.9 oz.

casey

ARFE

Blog Entries

Hi Robert,

You know me and so you might guess that I would point toward an old Martin MG-3. You have to watch for them to come for sale on the auction site and then be prepared to pay 50 - 75 dollars for one but they make a great light reel. I would have to strip the line from mine to give a weight but they may be lighter than the Hardy Featherweight (under 3oz.) which they were meant to be an affordable second to. Very sharp reel with an adjustable spring & pawl check.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Man, I started this thread a while ago. Since then, I got a Fishon reel for my bamboo rod, and two (2) Orvis BBS reels (a I and a II).
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    What manner of jackassery will I be subjected to today?

Quote Originally Posted by manotheskip View Post
    Does anyone recommend the White River Ultra Light reel?

White River Fly Shop Classic Ultra-Light Fly Reel | Bass Pro Shops

It weighs 2.4 oz. I have a 5'6" 3 wt that I need to balance. The price is only 99 bucks...but it's not a brand like orvis or sage, so I was wondering if it's better to just spend another 25.

It's definitely the lightest one I have seen thus far, which may work better for me tiny rod.

Cool, they brought it back.

I've seen lots of good things said about that reel and wanted one for my 1 wt but BPS quit carrying them for about a year. Maybe they did a re-work on them.

ETA: Yup, there was some re-design done on them Look at the pictures in this review, they look different

6. Default Re: Ultra light 2/3 wt reel

I'm definitely considering it unless I read or hear bad things about it...price is decent too...I'm more of a discount fly fisher!

axle, one of my recommendations is the Fishon Bear Cub. Simple, economical but yet enough quality to hang in there for a long time. The last two i bought were $35 a copy.
    Eddy

I have several sub 4 oz reels. The most expensive is my P1 by Waterworks and then ranging from there down in cost to the Martin 60s I pick up from Ebay and all do the job. The martin is 3.7 while the P1 drops another ounce mol. For an reel that is in the middle cost wise and a superb value with a great long-time reputation go for the SA Sytem 2L 23:
    System 2L Model 23L
    Applications:
    * The smallest and lightest reel in the System 2 family
    * The perfect ultralight tackle for pursuing small trout and panfish

DRAG: Whisper-smooth single-caliper disc
    CAPACITY: 50 yd/46m - 20 lb backing (WF-3-F)
    WEIGHT: 3.6 oz/103g
    DIAMETER: 2.69"/6.8cm
    WIDTH: 0.5"/1.3cm
    http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24405&dateline=129884  8088
    Great Fishing
    Der Alt Jaeger
    Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
    Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

Anyone ever hear of a Vogue? Very small but very well built. Not cheap $ wise or in quality. I bought one for my 00 wt. I googled it but dont find anything. Nice reel.
    Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by rapid eddy View Post
    Anyone ever hear of a Vogue? Very small but very well built. Not cheap $ wise or in quality. I bought one for my 00 wt. I googled it but dont find anything. Nice reel.
    Eddy
    Never heard of a Vogue Reel, sure it's not a rebrand for a particular store? You should post a pic in the "reel love" thread.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast