Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Thomas & Thomas "trophy" reel made by ross

I have worked here at Ross Reels for 15+ years in the service department. These Ross S series reels were made to order for a T&T promotion. Ross also did a Gunnison 2 sized reel with the T&T Logo at the same time. These reels were made here in Montrose, Colorado in 85 or 86. No idea how many, Ross did not keep these records. Thomas &Thomas would be the best source for these answers. We still do service work on these reels but they are not covered under our warranty, so there is a charge for this.

2. Likes Guest1, cw76 liked this post
  3. Default Re: Thomas & Thomas "trophy" reel made by ross

wow, really nice reel! like those older gems as well! i got the orvis sss set complete, a series one pate and an older islander, my preciousss!

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: Thomas & Thomas "trophy" reel made by ross

Welcome to the forum kimcarls. I hope you get to fish with once in a while and all you hands on as it were, was not just fixing what we bust.

Hope to see you post some more. Again, welcome to the forum.

Hi all,

I thought I'd post a couple of scans from old T&T catalogs. The first is from the 1987 catalog, which was the first year T&T offered this reel. The second is from the 1989 catalog and is included because it is slightly different.

Click on enlarge

You may also recognize the Regal reel. It was marketed as unique for its multiple drag inputs. I never saw one in a shop or strapped to a rod.

Back to the reel of topic,...I was interested in the Ross S version about that time period and asked the staff at a large and well known shop about it. None had heard of it, despite it being a cataloged item. Oh well, never saw one of those either!

6. Likes cw76 liked this post

Thanks folk's, that is great info I broke out my reel the other day and mounted it up with the T&T gaspe' rod that I got from the same seller. Pretty sweet, vintage setup.

8. Likes caseywise liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cw76 View Post
    Thanks folk's, that is great info I broke out my reel the other day and mounted it up with the T&T gaspe' rod that I got from the same seller. Pretty sweet, vintage setup.
    post pics please
    i would love to see that rig!

your brother

ARFE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12