Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new Hardy's

Default The new Hardy's

Excellent in the ballpark prices for the new Ultralights.
    http://www.hardynorthamerica.com/
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Default Re: The new Hardy's

Nicely done by Hardy, only wish they would make one without the bright and shiny finish.

Thanks for the post Mojo

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Nice looking reel.. Thanks for the post.

I agree about the bright finish...a little more muted, say about the same as on the reel seat of the Hardy Zenith that they are the natural match for. They are very smooth and consistant performers, I used one all last season. And they have a big +; though extra large arbored, they also feature a NARROW spool width thus avoiding the potential for uneven line build up common on the shallow and wide large arbor reels.

Blog Entries

Very nice looking reels and the price point looks great!

Larry
    Larry

Great design, but the BLING might look out of place in the 'Burbs. If you have gold crowns on your front teeth, this would be ideal! I was thinking that maybe Hardy would tone down the finish after a while, but they do have some flashy reels....

Blog Entries

Time marches on and the reel designers & makers at Hardy along with it so it seems. I'm glad I developed a taste for the old style reels. I read the text on the introduction page and then looked at the reel cases sitting on my desk and realized that none of my reels are 'aggressive or sexy' This led to deeper thoughts about all my tackle and I'm afraid none of it meets that criteria

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

not bad, not bad.
    being a lamson guy, i can appreciate the radical design of these reels.
    although i wouldn't classify any of lamsons as "sexy", they do share some of the new age aesthetics of the new hardy's.
    a far cry from the reels ard adores, but as they say, beauty is in they eye of the beholder.

casey

ARFE

This is why Hardy has no intention of dumping their classics. When you go to their site you actually have to click on seperate catagory tabs for the classic and new performance reels. And I don't consider it odd at all to use a click and pawl Hardy with patina on a small stream and a (too) shiney, sealed multi-disc drag on a bigger water outfit where rapid retrieve and more powerfull drag is advantagous.

Regarding the above comparison to the Waterworks reels: True, they are both modern light weight skeleton designs but the principal diffrences are in the drag design and the all-important aspect ratio. The Hardy has a sealed multi-disc array while the Waterworks has a non-sealed brace of nestled cones and the Hardy is narrow for uniform and intuitive line retreaval while the Waterworks is wide and shallow requiring attention be paid to avoid uneven line build-up. I do believe the Hardy designers looked carefully at the competion and strove to improve the performance envelop rather than just have a new price point product.

Lastly, Hardy Reels, I find it implausable that any aspect of a sport featuring grey haired men in baggy waders wandering around in cold water at dawn can ever legitimatly be described as "sexy".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    Regarding the above comparison to the Waterworks reels: True, they are both modern light weight skeleton designs but the principal diffrences are in the drag design and the all-important aspect ratio. The Hardy has a sealed multi-disc array while the Waterworks has a non-sealed brace of nestled cones and the Hardy is narrow for uniform and intuitive line retreaval while the Waterworks is wide and shallow requiring attention be paid to avoid uneven line build-up. I do believe the Hardy designers looked carefully at the competion and strove to improve the performance envelop rather than just have a new price point product.
    i was merely comparing the design similarities between the two.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

good point on the spool design of the hardys.

ARFE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast