Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any thoughts on the new LL Bean 'Pocket Water' reel

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any thoughts on the new LL Bean 'Pocket Water' reel

for the price of 79 bones for a fully machined click/pawl reel is a great deal.
    plus, beans warranty is second to none.

casey

ARFE

2. Likes trial153 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Better late to a party than never showing up...........

When I first replied I had never seen one, I still haven't handled one but the pictures posted remind me of the 1980 - 1999 Orvis Battenkill clickers a little. They look like a good deal. If I recall the old battenkill sold for $85.00 so the price is right here. I have landed plenty of fish big and small on a Battenkill clicker size 3/4, great reels.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

4. Likes imxer, caseywise liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Better late to a party than never showing up...........

When I first replied I had never seen one, I still haven't handled one but the pictures posted remind me of the 1980 - 1999 Orvis Battenkill clickers a little. They look like a good deal. If I recall the old battenkill sold for $85.00 so the price is right here. I have landed plenty of fish big and small on a Battenkill clicker size 3/4, great reels.
    Actually, I think the styling is a little more elegant than those old Battenkills. And they're made of machined barstock.

I ended up picking one of these guys up and fishing it over the summer. It's a well-made reel at an attractive price. I managed to land a nice carp with it on my 8'6" St Croix SCV 4wt down on Smith Mtn Lake in VA. It's definitely a capable reel; it's just too loud for me and I don't particularly care for the sound. So, my only complaint is a subjective one. At the price, it's awfully hard to beat, but it's been relegated to backup duty.
    Cheers,
    --Rob

I received my new LL Bean Pocket Water reel a few months ago and heartily recommend it. It's sturdily built and looks terrific. The reel I have weighs in at 3.8 oz and holds anything up to a DT 5 weight with a few yards of backing. The reel may be loud, but so are the Hardy's...

8. Default Re: Any thoughts on the new LL Bean 'Pocket Water' reel

Got one of these coming, along with Bean's 6'6" 3wt pocket water rod.....needed a brookie rig and this is what I "landed" on. Once the temps get above 0 here in VT I'll be giving it a whirl.

From what I have gathered it is a solid reel for the price and relatively lightweight. I'm hoping the rod is decent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by river19 View Post
    Got one of these coming, along with Bean's 6'6" 3wt pocket water rod.....needed a brookie rig and this is what I "landed" on. Once the temps get above 0 here in VT I'll be giving it a whirl.

From what I have gathered it is a solid reel for the price and relatively lightweight. I'm hoping the rod is decent as well.
    Let us know when you've fished it a bit. I look at them periodically and would love to hear some more info on them. Oh, and fish pictures too

By the way, welcome!
    - William

10. Default Re: Any thoughts on the new LL Bean 'Pocket Water' reel

Quote Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
    Let us know when you've fished it a bit. I look at them periodically and would love to hear some more info on them. Oh, and fish pictures too

By the way, welcome!
    Thanks. The combo should arrive this week and given the damn warm-ups we have been having this winter I might get some line wet in MA sooner rather than later. I'm looking forward to using it in the spring for the smaller streams/creeks.

I'm hoping to come through on the fish pics.....here's hoping....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12