Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allen Alpha II Green

Cool Allen Alpha II Green

Yep more Allen gear. I had a chance to do some neat photography this time.

thanks for looking

2. Likes mojo, cattech89 liked this post

Default Re: Allen Alpha II Green

very nice! this is my next purchase

It's a good looking reel...I keep thinking about one to replace the Sage i have on my 8wt...but I want a polished reel
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

What kind of drag design/material does this reel employ? There is not much about this on thier web site.

Blog Entries

It's a multi-carbon-disk drag system but as far as specifics, that's all I know :/
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

7. Talking Re: Allen Alpha II Green

That Green one is wicked sharp!

I have an Alpha II in Aquamarine and can tell you these reels are an unbelievable value! They are incredibly smooth and the drag is unreal!!!
    Justin and Gavin are top-notch guys to deal with and will be very successful with great products, more than fair pricing and incredible service!

Btw, Beauty of a photo in the OP!!!

8. Likes mbphotos54, cattech89 liked this post

for sure. I like my gunmetal alpha II

10. Default Re: Allen Alpha II Green

Allen Fly Fishing Alpha II Reels | MidCurrent
    this guy isnt convinced about these reels

Quote Originally Posted by rookstorm View Post
    Allen Fly Fishing Alpha II Reels | MidCurrent
    this guy isnt convinced about these reels
    That review doesn't mean a lot to me. The guy has an older first gen reel. I had one too that the drag failed. I called Justin, told him the problem. I sent it back, got a brand new one (new gen) within a week. The rest of the dude's story sounds exactly like a story. Justin tells him to keep the other 3 reels for the inconvinence and the guy tell us he spends his own money shipping them back? Calling B.S. on 80% of the story.
    And when a guy spells the word because, "cuz", and then uses the term -dum dum, I really blow off the review.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

12. Likes fyshstykr, cattech89 liked this post

Hey Mike, thanks for the photos. Did a good job on the Green reel. To respond on the mid-current review. Our Alpha II is hard to keep in stock due to its demand. That is a justification to me and Evan that we are doing something right. Also, mid current directs most of our Alpha II sales on the website. Also, over the course of the last 5 months I have enjoyed all the stories from people in person at trade shows that use our Alpha II.

I don't mind (feedback) reviews since it does provide positive feedback. That lead us to spot the issue in the Alpha 1 about a year ago. However, reviews that move into other topics are directed in other ways and lose credibility to the product that should be reviewed in this case the Alpha II. Some might have a bad experience and like to air it all when a call could take care of the issue.

We have a simple warranty policy as well on our reelsl. Contact Evan, mail the product, we look at the product, fix it, or replace it. If its a mfg error we will pay the shipping both ways.

Lots of you have gotten to know me over the course of the last 3 years and if something is not right, I'll take care of it right away. We are a young brand name that people enjoy working with and we will keep our promise to our customers for our personal touch of customer service, quality, and new product development.

Thank you

Justin
    Allen Fly Fishing
    Last edited by allenflyfishing; 06-03-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast