Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Orvis Made in England Click and Pawl

Quote Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
    Wow Ard, you caught that beast on a click-pawl 3/4? I though only fishing gods like Lee Wulff could do stunts like that. We are not worthy! (Check this out, beginning at time counter 2:45.) Salar, The Leaper - YouTube

Part II of the same clip:
    Salar, The Leaper Part two - YouTube
    How on earth did that old boy make that cast without a BoronIIIX or Z-Axis?

2. Default Re: Orvis Made in England Click and Pawl

I wonder if you bought it from me for $91 on eBay? If so I did say it was Click and Pawl. After I sold it I decided to get a 8ft Bamboo rod, now I will need a similar reel. That reel balanced well with an Orvis 8ft Bamboo rod I had years ago. Those reels are great, once you get used to palming it can handle some pretty big fish. I caught a few bigger steelheads on it, when my 7/8 weight reel broke. Those reels last a long time.

3. Default Re: Orvis Made in England Click and Pawl

I suspect your springs need to be replaced, an easy job. You never know with a previously owned reel whether or not the drag has been turned off when not is use. I overlook this all the time with my CFO3 and I believe that it contributes to wearing the spring's tension; it happens to all click-and-pawls.

A great thing about Orvis is the servicing of their reels. For example, I have 2 Battenkill disc drag 8/9s and both had some exposure to saltwater and the drags were fluttering and I couldn't clean them up. I took them into the local Orvis-owned dealer who shipped them up to Vermont (free) and for $10 each, I got the reels back within a week in perfect condition. They thoroughly cleaned the reels and had to replace 3 parts and waived the charges on those.

4. Default Re: Orvis Made in England Click and Pawl

Ard,

I am finally ready to post a picture of the bamboo fly rod I built. Are you still willing to help me with that?

Ed
    Last edited by edsass; 02-16-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: posted twice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12