Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Vintage Ross S3 Thomas and Thomas Trophy reel with leather case.

Thanks Ard, i have a nice sage rod and also a Fenwick that i might set this up on. I use amnesia line for steelhead fishing typically, but have a reel set up with that already. Mighty turn this into my fly reel. Thanks for the help.

2. Likes Ard liked this post
  3. Default Re: Vintage Ross S3 Thomas and Thomas Trophy reel with leather case.

Can't wait to catch some brookies this opening day. April can't come quick enough.

Default Re: Vintage Ross S3 Thomas and Thomas Trophy reel with leather case.

You've said a mouthful brother, my river is flooded out at the moment and I don't care, still going this weekend.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Interesting looking specimen you've got there. I really like the solid spooled reels. I've never seen one of those either, which likely isn't a shock to you given the lack of information about them. As a suggestion, you might want to contact Thomas & Thomas or Ross Reels and see what sort of information they might provide you. Dimensions, production years, approximate number manufactured, and MSRP of time produced.

As another suggestion, you might want to get in touch with Len Codella who is an expert of sorts of vintage and some contemporary tackle. He might be able the value of the reel.

http://www.codella.com

Looking forward to hearing what you find out.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

6. Default Re: Vintage Ross S3 Thomas and Thomas Trophy reel with leather case.

Thanks for the advise jay. I will look into them both. I would love to learn more about this reel. It looks to be an awesome piece of craftsmanship. Hopefully I'll be waist deep steelhead fishing soon enough.

Great reel. I own a couple of the R series.
    The Ross Reels web page has info about your reel in the Product Help section.
    Check out the links below for diameter, width, weigh and line capacities.

http://www.rossreels.com/images/tech...l%20Series.pdf

http://www.rossreels.com/images/tech...l%20Series.pdf

8. Default Re: Vintage Ross S3 Thomas and Thomas Trophy reel with leather case.

Wow. Thanks so much for the helpful information. Great link. I'm going to check out the Ross website too.

Blog Entries

my brother is the other forum member with that same reel and 've done alot of research on it with little results. i did find that ross made a t&t stamped gunnison during the same time period.
    great post, i'll be following closely for sure
    heres a link to my bros post

Thomas & Thomas "trophy" reel made by ross

casey

ARFE

10. Default Re: Vintage Ross S3 Thomas and Thomas Trophy reel with leather case.

Thanks for following. I'm very interested to learn everything i can about this reel. Is in perfect condition and well kept. Do u know what year it was made? i assume it is pretty rare with the little info i have found on it also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kentonmanz View Post
    Thanks for following. I'm very interested to learn everything i can about this reel. Is in perfect condition and well kept. Do u know what year it was made? i assume it is pretty rare with the little info i have found on it also.
    i would say between 1988 and 1990.

ARFE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12