Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamson 1.5 vs 2

Default Re: Lamson 1.5 vs 2

I have a 1.5 and several 2's, the 1.5 hardly ever sees a 5 wt line. I only got it originally for my 4 wt... A 2, especially the one you're looking at (at that weight) will serve you well
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" - Lee Wulff

Quote Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
    Welcome to colorful Colorado I have a Lamson 1.5 on my 5wt and wish I'd gotten the 2.
    Hi williamhj, I'm just curious if you have a Litespeed and why you wish you had gotten the 2?

It seems a bit small for the rod. Not so bad I'd look to return it or anything, just if I was to do it again I'd get the 2.
    - William

4. Likes thewalker1013 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
    It seems a bit small for the rod. Not so bad I'd look to return it or anything, just if I was to do it again I'd get the 2.
    OK, thanks!

I would suggest the 2 as well. I have litespeeds paired on my 5wts and they balance nicely with em. The rods are all around 3.0 oz most with a soft tip and the balance and swing weight just feels good with the 2's. if you get that reel for 179.00 or even better your getting a great deal unless its the newest model in which it would be a smoking deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    I would suggest the 2 as well. I have litespeeds paired on my 5wts and they balance nicely with em. The rods are all around 3.0 oz most with a soft tip and the balance and swing weight just feels good with the 2's. if you get that reel for 179.00 or even better your getting a great deal unless its the newest model in which it would be a smoking deal.
    Hi nickel, I picked up the LS2 yesterday. I'm just curious what 5wt rods you use with your Litespeed #2. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12