Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5wt Trout Reel

Default Re: 5wt Trout Reel

I've owned Lamson, Ross and Orvis. Of the one's you mentioned Ross is a great choice (I owned the Evolution LT) because it's American made. I think the Lamson litespeed I had was US made, but I didn't care for the Hard Alox...yes it did scratch up. And it just sounded light and I started to feel like it wouldn't take a beating.

The Hyrdos is a nice reel (it's pretty much the BLA they discontinued and I've owned 2, still got one). I was considering one, but opted for a CFO II for the 3wt. Love how that sounds!

For completely sealed drags I go with Hatch. I own 2 and they are bomb proof.
    "...all snobbery is defensive..and as important as fishing seems, the most important thing about it is, it's just fishing."

-- John Gierach

Art: http://www.gravenfish.com

My TU:
    http://massanuttentu.com

Default Re: 5wt Trout Reel

I have a Lamson guru and I couldn't have asked anything more from a reel. this replaced an Orvis reel and the Lamson blew it out of the water. The drag is incredible and its all sealed. I don't think I will buy any other reel. I really like the spool system. you just pop it out, no confusing mechanics. its the same with the rest of the reel, the mechanics are simple but effective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12