Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Galvan Brookie

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: Galvan Brookie

Quote Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
    lead tape from the golfing industry .
    Where do you get that from? That is way better and cheaper sounding than zonker lead or suspendots.

We have a demo here at the shop I work at and they are really nice. Not to mention as stated above it is made here in the USA and its less expensive then the Sage Click. I would just tell you to wait until your local shop has them and buy it there!

3. Likes jaybo41 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    Where do you get that from? That is way better and cheaper sounding than zonker lead or suspendots.

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30040211/golfsmith-high-density-lead-tape-1-2-x-75/?lcode=CI&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=30040211%20N%2FA& prof=21&camp=7814&affcode=cr545521&cid=22856681591 &networkType=search&tcode=GOOGLE&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product+Listing+Ads-_-All+Product+Listings-_-{keyword}&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.golfsmith.com%2Fpro duct%2F30040211%2Fgolfsmith-high-density-lead-tape-1-2-x-75%2F%26lcode%3DCI%26ci_src%3D17588969%26ci_sku%3D 30040211%20N%2FA&gclid=CLiz1sDs0bQCFQVgMgodwTQA9w
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

Blog Entries

This is an interesting concept from the Galvans. Functionally it looks as though you could really tailor the drag settings perhaps to some fine tolerances. The downside that I can see in this is the allen wrench would need to be in possession to do so. Not sure how I feel about this one, but I absolutely love the other Galvan reels I own. The Rush series is often overlooked yet has the same drag as the Torque. Butter smooth drag, outstanding CS and made in the US.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.golfsmith.com/search?s=lead+tape
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

Wow, the Galvan Brookie looks really nice. Not a terrible price either. Bet it would go perfect on my winston BIIt. But I am to much of a cheapskate to pony up $220 for a fly reel. Even one as sweet looking as that.

Quote Originally Posted by cptxkirk View Post
    We have a demo here at the shop I work at and they are really nice. Not to mention as stated above it is made here in the USA and its less expensive then the Sage Click. I would just tell you to wait until your local shop has them and buy it there!
    Do you know if the drag is one way or both incoming and outgoing, and is the spool on a bearing or a shaft. The closest shop that would carry something like this would be 5 or 6 hrs south of me.

Quote Originally Posted by bear 007 View Post
    Do you know if the drag is one way or both incoming and outgoing, and is the spool on a bearing or a shaft. The closest shop that would carry something like this would be 5 or 6 hrs south of me.
    My advice, next week call Galvan Fly Reels...

I did it once and was literally put on the phone with the guy who designed the reel "Torque" I was asking about...

You can't get any better information than that!
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by bear 007 View Post
    The drag is both ways and has suprisingly more drag then I think you would ever need in many trout situations.

As for the spool it sits on a shaft. I will take a picture and post it up here for you in a minute!

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Sorry about the poor quality just took the pics with my phone while here at the shop. Hope it helps!

10. Likes newby liked this post

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

I am about to order one of these with a extra spool for on a 3wt and a 4wt. Has anyone got one out on the water in the last month or so? Any reliability or fragility issues so far?

Thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast