Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default Question on Fin Nor no.3 reel

Hey I've got some questions about this reel my grandfather gave me. It is a fin nor no. 3 and it has the 4 tier wedding cake design on it. I know that design is the earlier one and makes the reel more valueable. Its in mint condition and has the leather bag for it. Does anyone know anything about this reel or the value?

Default Re: Question on Fin Nor no.3 reel

This, the Florida built "wedding cake" Fin-Nor is the first reel to use a cork disc drag, draw-bar design. It is the grandaddy of todays Abels, Tibors and Islanders. It and Seamaster started the designed for big game saltwater fly fishing thing as we know it today. You deffinetly have a collectors item which though not common are not that rare either. So it has real (reel?) value but you won't send your kid to college on it. Were it my grandfather's I would keep it as a family heirlom and I might fish it occasionally too.

3. Likes imxer liked this post

Default Re: Question on Fin Nor no.3 reel

I have a Fin Nor #3 also, if the reel did belong to your grandfather, I wouldn't sell it.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

5. Likes imxer liked this post