Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remove Oil from Lamson?

Default Re: Remove Oil from Lamson?

trout trekker;

If you would pull apart your Bauer you will quickly find the schematic you show is abreviated, ie incomplete. I have a MZ4 and called Bauer for parts which they would not sell but did the "if you send to us with $$ and wait 2-10 weeks.......". Been there done that.

Simply look at your handle these are at least 3+ parts not on you referenced schematic. Abreviated.

Lamson is the same, Ross is the same, ............

To show what is available on just about all other types of fishing reels:

Service | pennreels.com
    Reel Schematics
    Daiwa | Parts Diagram Search
    SCHEMATICS & PARTS LISTS
    Abu Garcia
    Quantum Performance Tuned Fishing Tackle | Customer Service | Parts/Service

Just a few of the common fishing reel companies with reels far more complex than the any single action fly reel, which give on-line DETAILED schematics and most will sell you parts with a smile. Just "surf" Shimano's site for how confident they are in YOU and their products.

Some else better than me uses a quote on his posts by Lefty Kreh along these lines "theres more BS in fly fishing than a Kansas City stockyard".

This how I describe some/most fly reel makers attitude toward customer service on simple mechanical devices they no longer own.

Like I said I still look forward to the day that Shimano focuses on these products.

Pete A.

2. Likes kelkay liked this post

I totally agree that all reels can/should be able to be serviced by their owners and sare parts purchased freely.

Shimano made a very nice fly reel, not sure if they still do but they are a very nice piece of kit and fairly priced.

SHIMANO Biocraft XT - Overview | Fly Fishing Reels | Shimano Fishing NZ

Good luck with your Lamson.

4. Likes pete a, leithel liked this post

I wish those were imported here. Darn fine schematic if you click a bit on that site they are avaiable. This is the service ALL the fly reel makers should provide.

Pete A.

6. Default Re: Remove Oil from Lamson?

This is a really interesting discussion and I guess that fact that I didn't notice the lack of full schematic info demonstrates how reel makers got away with not providing them.

I can't really understand why they wouldn't. They must have them already from their pre-production designs. Perhaps people just need to be more vocal about it and they will start posting the schematics.

Oh and to answer one previous posts question, I got one of the earlier gen waterworks ULA Force 2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12