Allen Kraken size 3 Green.....HeLp!!!

eurovw89

Reaction score
I have had my eye on the Allen Kraken in green for over the past 3 months. I finally saved up the money and got the O.K. from the wifey.....now its been replaced by the Emerald.

I contacted Allen and they do not have anymore in the size 3, and was wondering if anyone on here stocked up on em...lol

Just wishful thinking.

Jeff

runningfish

Reaction score
Eurovw89....I think I was able to send you the link to your pm.
Last night I couldn't upload the images using Mac, but it was effortless using PC.
I wonder if I am the only one here who is having this problem uploading images with Mac.

random user

Reaction score
Eurovw89....I think I was able to send you the link to your pm.
Last night I couldn't upload the images using Mac, but it was effortless using PC.
I wonder if I am the only one here who is having this problem uploading images with Mac.
I have had to upload a single image at a time to avoid the server error message, and it doesn't always work. Resorted to throwing the images on a thumb drive and using a windows contraption.

eurovw89

Reaction score
does anyone know of where to get one? I tried the 2 dealers on their website and emailing them. I just purchased a TFO BVK 8wt and the green kraken would match perfect or pretty damn close. I am looking at the emerald but can not find any other pictures other then the ones on their site....would love to see what it looks like on a rod and if it is darker or lighter then whats in the picture.

Also if anyone has the Alpha iii and pictures of it on their rod as well.

Just being picking because I dont want to be stuck with something Im not going to like especially since I got the "ok" from the wifey.

Thanks,
Jeff

bmbailes

Reaction score
heres a couple of Allen Alpha 3's on rods. the black isn't a flat matte black. i would say its satin black, which i like better! either way you can't go wrong with black...it matches everything:)

and as you can see i tend to favor Allen reels!

eurovw89

Reaction score
heres a couple of Allen Alpha 3's on rods. the black isn't a flat matte black. i would say its satin black, which i like better! either way you can't go wrong with black...it matches everything:)

and as you can see i tend to favor Allen reels!

how do you like ur Hardy DD? Now that I cant get the green/orange im stuck between the Kraken 3 in Black and the Hardy DD

bmbailes

Reaction score
I like the hardy. Its a 4000 size so its suited for 3-5 wt. But honestly if i were to setup for bigger game i would take the allen over it. Due to the sturdy , solid feel.

xxmadfirexx

Reaction score
I have the black kraken on my 8wt BVK and I like it... If you like I could post some pictures for you?