Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vintage reel

Default Re: vintage reel

I sold my Hardy perfect for $450.00. I tell you this to give you an idea just how guilty you should feel.
    "I cast my hook into a single stream; but my pleasure is as if I owned a kingdom." - Chi K'ang (223-262)

2. Likes kelkay liked this post

A heck of a deal, fish it and the rod.

Rick

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Thumbs up Re: vintage reel

Quote Originally Posted by rockthief View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That reel is worth hundreds of dollars. Good for you. You have started at the top.
    In all likelihood RT's probably very close to being right. If you ever decide to part company with the reel check in with the SpeyPages web board. Hardy's like this one won't last an hour.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Quote Originally Posted by lupe21 View Post
    hey guys I am new here, I am a big bass fisherman, but have always wanted to get into fly fishing as I live about an hour from good trout spots now I do fish for trout but when I do Is just use a open face reel and ultra lite rod recently I purchased a hardy the perfect 3 1/8 fly reel, I gave 10 bucks for the thing, from what I understand it would be better to put this up, are these good little reels and I are they worth anything, also if you where to fish it what all purpose fly rod for around 100-200 would you get for it

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I cannot figure out how to post pictures but here is a link to where I have posted pictures at Vintage Fly Reels - Fishing Rods, Reels, Line, and Knots - Bass Fishing Forums
    Fishing gear is meant to be fished... There are very very very few items that deserve the "put it up and only look at it"... Personally you're only disrespecting it by NOT fishing it... If you're not gonna fish it send it to me and I'll put it to good use

BTW That reel deserves a good bamboo rod... Not some modern day plastic rod

6. Default Re: vintage reel

sure I will send it to you where do you live oh shipping is 500 bucks I think I will use it in the future, but first I have to learn how to fly fish

Blog Entries

Did we ever establish whether the reel is right or left hand retrieve?

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Did we ever establish whether the reel is right or left hand retrieve?
    Answer is 'no' Ard. But if he wants to 'dump' the thing won't make a nickles worth of difference.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

9. Default Re: vintage reel

its right handed, why must this reel be fished on a bamboo rod, ive looked at some and they are pricey and what is a good mid range one or could I not just put it on a graphite something like a sage response

Blog Entries

You can use it on any rod you would wish to. People often use them with bamboo to counter the heavy tip weight of many bamboo rods. Modern bamboo rods are quite light but often still are a bit heavier in the tips than graphite.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12