Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Fly Reel Company

Default Re: New Fly Reel Company

The Taylor One reel looks suberb! What is the pricing on these reels, I couldnt locate them on the website.

2. Default Re: New Fly Reel Company

Sorry for the late reply. Our normal price starts at $140 but right now all the reels are on sale. Visit our site the prices are there. Taylor Reels:: Quality and Affordable Fly Fishing Reels
    Quality Fly Fishing Reels at www.taylorflyfishing.com

Great looking reels! Love the logo on the Gold one
    Carson

4. Default Re: New Fly Reel Company

Quote Originally Posted by pete a View Post
    I agree with the post about label design, focus on one that is instantly recognizable.

There's also lots of us spending lots of time & money to go fly fishing all the time that almost never fish in the western mountains. In fact it kind of becomes a point of abrasion that somehow manufacturers use this backdrop as the utopian life of fly fishing.

So you my might want to diversify that portion of your pictures (southern venues, eastern, etc.). At minimum is just tells a guy like me from Texas that this product isn't for me and thus spend less time considering it.

Are your reels "sealed" meaning only your shop can service? We fish in the hyper saline bay systems of the lower Texas coast and a great return/warranty policy doesn't hold much water on day 1.5 into a 4 day trip. The ability to service on the house boat is invaluable. Some of you competition is catching on to this.

Pete A.
    Photos of various fishing in places across the country will be posted once buyers catch fish with the reels. Barely, if anyone, has them yet. Beside that's most of company's product feedback and marketing these days. There's no risk since he's offering a 30 return offer. Sounds like you should either wait this out and get feedback from buyers treating it on boats, dunking it in salt water and other scenarios that won't post justifiable feedback for months or you should get one and find out.

carnivorousnw,

Kinda hoping the actual manufacturer would hear and consider my questions/comments.

Rest assure I have HAD reels with "ace" service/warranty policies and very nice glossy ads that failed on day 1.5 of a 5 day trip. At the time forum posts and the glossy ads didn't seem to matter much at all. I HATE using guides equipment.

I think we both agree, keep 'em in sweet water a short drive from a fly shop for the near term.

Pete A.

6. Default Re: New Fly Reel Company

This first reel we are selling does not have a sealed drag. That is why it is only being offered in 3-4 and 5-6. I am currently testing a sealed drag reel that should hit the market soon. So far the reel is preforming amazing.

I am working with some artists and engineers now on a completely new reel. We have been working on a ton of new products at our company right now. We have a partnership set up with some of the worlds finest manufactures and fly reel and rod designers. I can't give too much more info, but we believe some of our new projects will be truly innovative.

7. Default Re: New Fly Reel Company

I have received many questions lately asking about what we are doing, so I posted a new blog entry to update everyone! Also we are going to start pre-orders for our new sealed reel, the Taylor Reels "Array". Here is the link to our new blog. https://taylorreels.squarespace.com/blog/

https://taylorreels.squarespace.com/blog/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234