Cudos to Archuleta's Reel Works...

glacierjohn

Reaction score
I have an old late 90s Lamson DCA-3 reel that the drag went bad on last year. In googling the DCA I had to sort thru who if anybody owned the warranty on these reels. It turned out Sage did, but they said they no longer have parts, but I could send the reel back with $50.00 and get a new Sage 1800 series reel. I looked them up and wasn't much impressed, I always liked that old Lamson even though it was very basic compared to the newer reels, so I searched around for a reel repair guy. I saw Bill Archuleta mentioned here, so I googled him, got a number and called him.

He said he could fix it and to send it in. I dropped it off at the post office last Wednesday and just got it back all fixed up today, one week to the day! It cost $38.00, $25.00 service and $13.00 for delivery including insurance.

I'm impressed and happy to have my old Lamson back.

John

Sage & Abel

Reaction score
Have had the pleasure to talk with him and secure some parts for some old reels. Enjoyable fellow.

Cheers,
Mike.

jaybo41

Reaction score
Good to hear he got your reel back in working order. I'm not surprised, he seems to be well versed with many different brands. I hear nothing but the best things of him.

I called him within the past several weeks about some paint that was coming off one of my spools and while he didn't fix it himself, he gave me the info I needed to get it taken care of. Sure seemed like a great guy with a ton of knowledge to me.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Great to hear stories like this! I have an older Lamson reel that needs repair, if you don't mind, send me Bill's phone number and address, sounds like the right guy to do business with.

Larry

glacierjohn

Reaction score
Great info! I sent him a web inquiry about giving my oldy K'Mart reel a tune up:clap:
Sorry, went to bed and missed your request, glad you got in touch by email. His phone number is (541) 956-1691, we didn't talk a lot, just enough for him to hear my problem and assure me it was an easy fix for him, $25.00 plus shipping. Very quick service too.

John