lowest priced machined reel?

flymoron

Reaction score
I am not trying to starting a fight between machined/cast, I was just looking for an inexpensive one.

thanks

williamhj

Reaction score
What do you consider cheap? If I could find one in the size I wanted, my first choice would be clearance Orvis Battenkill Barstocks, they have the III for $80. Their new version of the Click and Pawl BBS is $98 and it is a nice looking reel. Cheapest ones I know of is from the Angler's Roost, 100 and 200 series. Run around $50 +/- depending on the model. I have one, as does my wife and dad. Only issue I found is that switching the retrieve is more complex that other reels I have.

caberguy

Reaction score
Amazon and eBay are littered with no name machined reels from China on the cheap... if cheap is the only priority then it may be worth a look. As always, though, caveat emptor.

missin44

Reaction score
How about next time I want to buy something I ask you to find the cheapest one for me?

Not trying to argue, and not that bothered, but that was my first thought.

Feel free to ask me anything that has to do with fishing. I may or may not be able to help.

You're right he may be just too lazy to search himself, or there may be other reasons for his question. Like:

1. He may not be as experienced as some of us at doing internet searches.
2. With the advent of the internet there are a lot of "boutique" reel makers out there, maybe there are some on this board that can help find some of those.
3. Maybe he simply is looking for advice on a quality reel at a low cost from members that have a particular reel.

I guess it seemed to me that your response was a bit harsh; then again maybe you could say the same about my response to you.

Tight Lines

taylorreels

Reaction score
Maybe you should post a price range. By cheap you mean plastic $25 or a
Decent reel less than $200?

delopez

Reaction score
I would have to recommend a lamson konic. Cheap and has a smooth drag.

delopez

Reaction score
Yeah. I realized that after I posted... Thanks for the heads up though. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Casey, He asked about inexpensive machined reels and some one else commented that one might "take a look on EBAY at all the machined Chinese reels there". I don't know where or by whom this reel is manufactured...but it is $81.