Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: hardy marquis salmon reels

No warranty card comes with the new reels now; you have to register your reel online and fill in the name of the Hardy dealer you purchased from. I purchased my Hardy DD from an ebay seller brand new but he wasn't a Hardy dealer so= no warranty. I had purchased the Marquis salmon reel on ebay also and it did have a card with it but I didn't fill it out. I used the reel for a year before it failed and had to cover the repair myself; wasn't much, just a few dollars for parts and labour plus shipping both ways to Hardy N.A.; in total about $50.00. Warranty is only for defects in workmanship anyway and I really don't think that will be much of an issue with Hardy reels. I suppose that sounds contradictory because I just said my marquis failed but in discussing it on forums etc at the time I found that a rivet failure was very rare.
    "I cast my hook into a single stream; but my pleasure is as if I owned a kingdom." - Chi K'ang (223-262)

I have a blank warranty card for my Marquis #2, when I broke the first marquis they didn't even ask for proof of warranty, they just sent me the new reel after I sent the broken one in. Not to mention they let me keep the spool (which is in perfect condition) from the broken reel. So I ended up with a free spool, I'd say thier warranty is amazing alright!

3. Likes river right, Ard liked this post

I think if you live in the UK or the US they treat you better!
    "I cast my hook into a single stream; but my pleasure is as if I owned a kingdom." - Chi K'ang (223-262)

Quote Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
    I think if you live in the UK or the US they treat you better!
    Oh no! Once again the canadians get shafted! haha just playing. Thats interesting, have you had a bad experience with hardy before?

That was the first time I have sent anything in to them for repair; I'm still a big fan of their stuff. And yes, we poor Canadians always get left out in the COLD Must be because we're always doing this:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123