Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allen Kraken drag pressure?

1. Default Allen Kraken drag pressure?

Hello All,
    Might anyone know how much drag pressure the Allen Kraken 3 (7/8) puts out? I am curious because I am looking to possibly replace a Sage 4280. The Sage only has about 3.5 lbs of drag pressure and wondering if the Kraken has more. I am headed to the gulf next summer and wanted something with a little stronger drag and the Kraken looked promising at a good price. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Allen Kraken drag pressure?

Hi backwoodsangler,

Welcome to the forum. Our Kraken series has done well for many. Personalty I have caught 80lbs + sailfish, dozens of Skip Jack, and plenty of Dorado. I'd be happy to send you a reel to crank the drag down and compare.

Please contact me at info@allenflyfishing.com and we'll get a Kraken in your hands to compare.

Thank you,

Justin

I haven't measured the drag on any sort of scale but I can tell you it is muuuuuuch stronger than 3.5lbs.
    Less likey, more green dots
    BrookFieldAngler.com

4. Default Re: Allen Kraken drag pressure?

Thanks for the reply brookfieldangler. Seems like I have read somewhere that it cranks down pretty tight but I was just curious.

Justin thanks for the Welcome and for replying. I mentioned in my first post on this forum that I registered mainly because of researching Allen reels. I ended up on this forum several times on search results so I figured I should become part of the forum. Seems like a great platform with many highly informed individuals.
    I will more than likely be purchasing a Kraken and maybe a Trout II in the near future, still exploring. You seem to have a great following.
    Again thanks for the info an I will contact you in the near future.

Not sure on actual poundage but mine will stop all line from being pulled from the spool when cranked all the way down. I haven't had a chance to test it out properly yet but so far it has not let down.

The trout II is also nice, Im hoping they will have a sweet black Friday sale, I need/want some stuff
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Thumbs up Re: Allen Kraken drag pressure?

Check with the Allen folks direct? They've been most responsive.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

7. Default Re: Allen Kraken drag pressure?

stl_geoff
    If cranked down it will stop all line from coming out, I would say that's good enough
    Thanks for the info!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsangler View Post
    I ended up on this forum several times on search results so I figured I should become part of the forum.
    Well, welcome to the forum then Your story is that of a large part of this membership, myself included. I'm happy to see you are making good use of your membership.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsangler View Post
    stl_geoff
    If cranked down it will stop all line from coming out, I would say that's good enough
    Thanks for the info!

Yup, it tightens down more then my sage, lamson and some other allen reels I have. I only own like 7 or 8 of them
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

10. Default Re: Allen Kraken drag pressure?

I have a Lamson and Sage as well, and I am thinking an Allen is sounding better and better. From all I have gathered they will be every bit as good as what I own. Sounds like you are thrilled with yours. Good to hear some feedback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast